Did we lose our oldest archives? (m)

iVillage Member
Did we lose our oldest archives? (m)
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:54am
I only see the last board, what about all of the boards before that? What happened to them?

Laura, if you are reading this, I posted some ?'s to you on the last board, but that part of my subject was deleted when the format changed. Its within my thank you post.

-Sari

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:17pm
To get to all archives from previous boards go to the top of the main page just under the board title and there is a link for archives.

At the same spot there is also a link of online view. Click that and you will get the posts from the last board and all these new posts.

Let me try to answer your questions...

1) What is the difference between diabetes and insulin resistance? IR is considered a precursor to diabeties. Diabeties is what you get if you do not control the IR. However, not everyone with IR will get diabeties especially if they treat the IR.

2) Laura, why do you say that eating carbs defeats the purpose of the Met? Doesn't the Met lower blood sugar anyway, just not as much? Well, the Met helps lower the response of insulin. If you go ahead and continue to eat carbs that will cause your insulin to rise then the Met will not be strong enought to lower the insulin response.

3) Laura, why did you say that soy is bad? There are several reasons why soy is bad. The main one for us is that soy is a physoestrogen (sp?). This estrogen will bind to our estrogen receptors and not allow the estrogen we produce to get there. Here is a link for you. http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/soydangers.html

4) Is IR curable? Does it go away? Will I still need to be on Met or Glucophage after the whole baby thing is resolved (by adoption or by pregnancy)? No, there is no cure for IR, but it can be treated. Yes, you will need to either try to manage it with diet and excerise and vits or add Met. if you can not do it this way. Otherwise you will not lower the risks associated with it.

5) Does everyone who has PCOS have Insulin Resistance? Most docs in the know about PCOS believe this. I do as well.

Take care, Laura

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:20pm
You can get to all the archives by going to the top of the main board page just under the board name and clicking on archives. You can see the last board and this one by clicking on outline view. :-)

Laura

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting