Need your opinions...

Avatar for jonsmom98
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Need your opinions...
2
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:45pm
In case you haven't read my post above, I'm Kristina (29), Dh (35), and luckily ds(5). I recently (officially as of yesterday) had a second loss in a row. The first was Dec 00 and was a partial molar preg. So luckily we knew why we lost that one. Four weeks ago I found out I was pg, went for an u/s a week later (just to make sure things were going okay) and the sac was 2wks smaller than it should be for the dates and there was blood noted around the sac. A little over a week later went in for u/s and the sac had grown there was a baby, no blood and a hb but the hb was slow (only like 60's or 70's). Was still spotting since the day after the 1st u/s. Last Thursday spotting increased and then Friday turned to bright red with small clots. Monday started with some cramping and by yesterday was in tears with pain shortly after lunch and then feeling better by mid afternoon. Today it was confirmed by u/s that I had a complete m/c and didn't have to have another d&c. They have offered to let me have the testing done since this was my 2nd loss. Knowing that this m/c is most likely not related to last one, should I do the testing. Part of thinks it's a waste of time, but part of me says it's been years since I successfully had a child, things could have changed, take the opportunity while I'm not ttc to see if anything can be found out and corrected. I'd almost feel like I'm being proactive for furture pg, even while not actively ttc. I'm praying for guidance from God, but I thought maybe if I could have advice from other people, He might show me the way with those responses.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Kristina

Avatar for trishrosales
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-25-2003
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:23pm
Hey Kristina I just wanted to let you know that I feel like you should go ahead and do the testing. Against all the odds, Eventhought the drs say that when they do these test, 99% of the time they all come back normal. For me I was the other 1% of that. They did all of my bloodwork as soon as my HCG was back to normal. My ANA came back positive-Antiphospholipid Syndrome. That was my diagnosis. I am a women of Faith and I belive that God will take care of everything. I also understand that He has given Drs the knowledge to help us along. Go for it!! Have the testing done and at least find out if there are any underlying problems that can be treated. Let me know what you decide to do!

Good Luck and God Bless,

Trish

Avatar for jenact64
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-25-2003
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:57pm
Hi, Kristina (m)

I agree with Trish... if the docs are willing, go ahead and have some basic testing done. I too saw a HB with my last one but we lost it a couple of weeks later (I also have Antiphospholipid Syndrome.) So many times doctors insist on waiting until you've lost three, so maybe the offer to test is a nudge from above that might help you avoid this pain a third time. I sure hope so!

Also, if you are not already taking a daily baby aspirin, many of us are... it has been shown to help a lot with m/c, even ones where no cause is ever found. If your problem is a clotting issue it will definitely help, and it is safe for the baby (and you, though you may bruise more easily.)

I'm glad you've joined us, there is so much support and love here. Please let us know what you decide.

Jen