Guess where I am ? Not god news.

iVillage Member
Guess where I am ? Not god news.
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 9:51am
Monday I went in for a routine u/s and both twins were doing great. The next thing I know I am being admitted to the high risk area of the hospital because they saw contractions and found that my cervix was already 2-3 cm dialated. They said I was contracting every 2 minutes and I never even knew it. Anyway. The boy the lower baby is already trying to escape they could see his sac of fluid when checking my cervix. So I am here in the hosital until delivery. I am only 24 weeks and 3 days so we need them to stay in there for a while longer. They set me up with this laptop so I can be on the web which is awesome cuz I am so bored and now I can catch up with you guys. The contractions have stopped and everything is ok for now. Please pray for us and keep us in your thoughts. I am pretty freaked right now but trying to take it one day at a time.

I'll be in touch.

Tracy

by the way this new board set up has me baffled too.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:23am
Hey tracy I don't think that I have ever talked with you, but i just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that you can keep those buns in the over for al least 6 more weeks.

Lord I lift Tracy up to you right now, I pray that you would touch her body right now. I release your healing power. Lord I pray that you would protect her children and that you would place a hedge of protection around them. I pray in Your Holy name.

Amen

Hugs,

Trish

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:12pm
I am so relieved! I mean its awful that you are in the hospital, but when I saw that title I thought it might be a really late m/c and I was so scared for you! Thank goodness you got to the hospital quick enough! How long will you be there for? How did they stop the contractions? My aunt took some kind asthma medicine to stop her contractions at 24 weeks and it worked but she had to stay in bed the rest of the pregnancy.

Since you are so bored, can you update us on the twins? Do you know the sex? Have you named them?

Do you work? How are they reacting to your sudden departure? And how could you have contractions and not know it? I thought contractions really hurt!

How are you feeling? Do you feel sick?

Keep us updated! You can get through this! Just think how near you are to holding those babies! Hang in there!

-Sari

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 1:33pm
Hi Tracy it's been awhile since we chatted & in fact I was wondering if everything was okay---Sorry to hear you are in the hospital--but glad the contractions have stopped-I'm sure everyone is telling you to relax but do try to keep strong!

Please e-mail me anytime to "chat" --Thinking about you & DH

Jocelin :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 1:40pm
Tracy!

I can't believe this! Why can't any of us just have it easy once in a while?! I'm so glad they caught the contractions since you weren't feeling them. I guess I was having regular contractions with Cayden too. I had gone in for fetal heart monitoring and the Dr. said, "Oh, you are having contractions" and I said "Oh, I don't feel anything" and he said "That tightening feeling in your belly . . . that's a contraction" like I was stupid and I said "I know what a contraction feels like, but I'm telling you that I don't feel anything at all." So, I believe you can't have contractions without feeling them. Obviously the Dr. has never had them!!! (of course not, he's a man!).

How is your girl doing? Did they ever decide if her bowels are ok? I am praying for you. Please keep us updated, I am so worried about you.

My baby A is still extremely low on fluid and at this point they really aren't sure if she's going to be ok. I hate taking it one day at a time not knowing if I'll getting keep my little babies. In fact, I have avoided talking about the twins as much as possible with anyone because I'm so scared. At 19 (and 24 weeks for you), shouldn't we finally be allowed to enjoy our pregnancies?!

I'm thinking of you, Kevin, and the twin cuties. I pray everything works out in your favor.

Love,

Emily

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 3:19pm
Hi Tracy,

I'm so glad that you're at least in the hospital where they can keep a close eye on you and those babies! Unfortunately, I'm sure it won't be a picnic for you. I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you and praying everything turns out o.k.

Hang in there and please keep us posted.

Kathy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 3:26pm
Hi Tracy, I am soo happy that the twins are doing fine and that they found out that you were contracting. I have to admit your post title scared me too!!!!!

Put your feet up and please keep us updated, How have you been feeling ect...

I will keep you all in my prayers.

Paula

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:23pm
Tracy,

I know this is a very scary and stressful time for you. Please know that I'm praying for you and your little miracles. A few years back, I had an online buddy in almost the exact same situation. Baby Boy twin lost all his fluid at 22 or 23 weeks and there was a tear in the placenta. The hospital was able to keep her from going into full labor and closely monitor both babies. She delivered them well over 33 weeks and both babies are now fine.

Miracles do happen ...as a matter of fact, they already have and your twins are a testimony to that.

Onward,

Frances