Hi...here we are at the new board...m

iVillage Member
Hi...here we are at the new board...m
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:21am
Well right away I can tell I am going to miss scrolling down and reading all the replies to posts. I think it saved me time when I was in a hurry. I have posted this format before and I think it takes longer to read posts. I do like the new look. I had a hard time finding the replies at first. To those that can't find them, they are below the post numbered 1, 2, 3 ... and so on. Click on the number to read the reply.

I posted this last night on the "old" board:

I stopped taking my medicine last week b/c we are actively pursuing a baby. I will know in a week or so, don't hold your breath on it. Anyway, my body is freaking out. I have had pain in every joint possible, fingers, hands wrists,ELBOWS!!, hips, knees, ankles,and feet. Also a lot of neck, shoulder and back pain. I went to PT with my ThermaCare patch on. PT took me off of the light strengthening exercises and just wants me to stretch and walk. I have an appt with internist in a week or two. My pinkie knuckle on finger is getting bigger and hurts a lot. The first two knuckles (the big ones) on RH are swollen. I feel terrible.

I probably have till Friday to know for sure if I am PG. If I am not, my dh and I just decided to give up on having a baby. He has serious doubts that with my health I would be able to go through the first year of a newborn again. And he can't be at home to help. I hurt so bad right now I think I am okay with that.

I am going to call the local Easter Seals tomorrow and see if I am eligible for respite services. We'll see what happens there.

I am also trying to reduce my commitments on my schedule so I can take better care of myself. Wish me luck. I am half wondering if I should bite the bullet and stay off the meds until I see the rheumy in May so he can see me at my worst. I don't know if I can last that long. I am saving this and I will repost tomorrow.

Take care everyone! {{{gentle hugs}}}

Sandra

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:29am
((((((Sandra))))))) I will be praying for you.Bev
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 6:44am
Oh (((Sandra))).....how I feel for you....I sure hope that all of the pain that you are suffering through is soon to subside....and please let us know about the possible new bundle of joy - I have to hand it to you...I really don't thimk I would be able to take care of a little one right now with my symptoms as bad as they are...but then I guess we always seem to find a way to do what we need to do....and is there anything more precious than a tiny baby - oh to be 20 years younger!!!

I am wondering if there is something going on also with the weather in our part of the country. The last few days for me have been absolutely miserable also....my hands. fingers, knuckles, wrists (YOU NAME IT) have just been screaming...and now my knees, feet and ankles have joined in....I see my rheumy again tomorrow so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

If you are thinking of staying off meds until May....geez that sounds like a long way away...you might want to touch base with him by phone if you are considering that...you don't want to find yourself shoulder deep in some horrible flare!!! BTW, if you are PG, can you take meds during that time? I know sometimes symptoms of some of these auto immune illnesses will sort of go in remission during pregnancy....

Hope you're feeling much better! (((Hugs))) from one "knuckle" head to another!!

Lori

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 6:49am
Hi Lori,

Please let me know what your rheumy says about the weather factor. Isn't this pain awful?

I hope it is something as easy as weather. Keep me posted.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 6:50am
Thank you Bev.

Hugs,

Sandra

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:16am
Sandra, oh dear! I am praying my heart out that whatever is best for you and will make you happiest happens with all of this. I had no idea that all of this was going on in your life right now. I know how awful it is to stop the FM meds, as I have done it in the past myself, and I have to say that it's much worse than stopping my RA meds. Please know that you are in my heart and my prayers, dear Sandra.

Sending lots of positive energy your way, my friend--

Love,

Amy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:18am
Lori, I wholeheartedly agree with you about the weather. In my heart, I am so thrilled that it is warming up and finally getting Spring-like around here, but the rain and the thaw has been so hard on both the RA and FM for me. I am hoping that your body gets used to the weather and feels better soon! Love, Amy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:25am
Sandra,

Big hugs. You know it's taken me a while to realize the FM can cause such severe joint pain. And I think I learned it from the ladies here more than reading FM realted materials. Sorry to hear you are in pain, especially those elbows, you need those working for just about everything. When you're off meds is the fatigue overwhelming? It is for me.

A new baby, wow! I'll be watching the board on Friday for your post.

Take care and thanks for the info on how to read through the posts. It would have taken a long time for me to figure out how that one worked.

AmyC

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:48am
Sandra,

I will be praying that all turns out for the best. I look forward to finding out any news on Friday. I will pray that no matter the results that you will find peace in your situation.

I hope you are able to find relief and comfort. I know that when my FM gives me deep or sharp joint pain I find that cold therapy seems to help. I also take a break from lifting weights, vaccuuming, and repetitive type motions.

Also, I hope you are able to get respite from the Easter Seals foundation. Let us know how it works out.

Blessings,

Truth

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:01am
First, I DO NOT LIKE THESE NEW BOARDS! I feel as if my entire world has been turned upside down! lol

I am so sorry you are hurting. I hope you get some relief soon....and although it's not my place to say, I do think that having another baby would only add to your stress and pain. (Of course this is coming from someone who has no children).Only you and your DH can make this decision, however. I wish you all the peace and love in the world!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:47am
Thank you Amy,

I think the pain really got bad just the last few days. I haven't been going through this too long. It is obvious that I need the vioxx. When I stopped Vioxx my body is feeling the same pain as when I first started this stuff last summer. Amy I'll take all the energy I can get. The in-laws are coming this weekend. I wish I could afford a housekeeper, but I can't. Looks like I have to start cleaning the house today. Dh will be home Wednesday night and the in-laws come Thursday night. Todd will help me finish what I can't get done before he comes home.

Hugs,

Sandra

Pages