What should I do??
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 04-01-2003 - 10:03pm|
I got a new boss in Aug 2002 and in the beginning she seemed positive and really nice. Things started changing when cutbacks happened. We went from 4 admins to 2. Needless to say, I've had to take on a lot of additional duties and the stress is overwhelming at times as there are deadlines to meet. I'll list just a few of the things my boss has done to me:
1. Insulted me in front of her best friend regarding the budget variance. I took it over from someone who left and I had no training. Although I asked for training I didn't receive any. She said to me that it appears I don't have the propensity to work well with numbers.
2. She hired her best friend (she was an admin too) as an analyst, which is a step up from admin and didn't offer the position to me even though I've been in the dept. and I have a degree. I have admirable work ethics, am professional at all times, diligent, and I work well under pressure. I help everyone out, even those from other depts.
3. I had a meeting with her to discuss my future and I told her I'm interested in advancing within the dept. She told me that if I want that I would have to pursue it on my own and maybe I can get with the other managers to see if there's an opportunity for me here. No support from her.
4. I arrived at work at 7:30 one day and asked her if I could leave at 3:30 and skip my lunch hour to take my son his first baseball game. The coach called me the night before so it was last minute and I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. I always make up my time so the company is not paying me for hours I'm not there. She said..."I don't know. It seems people are saying you're out of the office a lot." Then she started bringing up the times I've been out....2 dentist appts in a month and a half, a day I stayed home with my young son about a month ago as he was sick, and my participation with a volunteer team at my company. When I first started in the dept. they asked me if I could be a part of the team because the company tries to get one representative from each dept. This is something the CEO and VPs push and are very proud of.
5. She called the head of the volunteer team and told him I wouldn't be participating in an event the volunteer team holds yearly at an elementary school. She told him it was because of the implementation of a major project in our dept. What's funny is....I have NOTHING to do with this project. She lied.
Needless to say, I am disappointed, stressed, really down, and not feeling good about my job. There is a freeze on at the company so I can't move elsewhere and I was trying to hang on. My question is........she has set up one on one meetings with everyone in the dept. (myself included) and I was wondering if it would be appropriate to discuss my feelings, concerns, etc. during this meeting??? Eventually I know I will leave there but in the mean time I'd like to make things better.
Thank you for listening.