Yes I have news !

iVillage Member
Yes I have news !
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 2:59pm
It looks like I'm going to be a first time home buyer. I'm still extremely nervous but if I keep telling myself to stay calm and that it will be okay I think I'll survive. I'm getting conflicting answers about whether my realtor gets a commission or not since she didn't show me the condo.

I have to go home, find my last two year's tax returns and last two pay-stubs and tomorrow I'm going to try and meet my banker to fill out the forms, etc. Then it's just a matter of going through the motions. A building inspector will have to look at the condo. The attorney will do a title search, etc. It should take from 30-45 days.

YIKES! This is really happening and it's happening soooo fast.

The difficult part will be telling my friend/realtor and hoping she doesn't hate me for doing this privately. Now there's a question about whether I will owe her a commission. The sellers were going to use Foxtons which is a web site for real estate. If their application went through they may owe her a 2% commission but if they were able to stop it in time then I think there won't be a commission. I'm not sure. Part of me hopes it went through so she can get a little commission as oppose to no commissoin.

I'm not sure what to tell her when I hopefully see and tell her Saturday. It's going to be difficult and I'm going to stress out all Friday and Saturday until I see her.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 3:02pm
By the way, I meant to write this in my last posting but got caught up in the typing.

I've so very touched that many of you have been keeping track of my hunt for a condo. Thank you so much for showing a sincere interest. This bulletin board is so great and has helped me in many ways. It's neat to think we have friends all over the place even though we are basically annoymous.

Thanks to all of you,

Ben

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 4:03pm
Yay Bennie - whoo hooo!!! So very cool!!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 4:40pm
By the way, my friend/realtor called and wanted to tell me about the last place I bid on but didn't get - it went back on the market. I couldn't keep up the charade so I confessed over the phone. I wanted to do it in person on Saturday but felt it was wrong to keep her in the dark that long. She was totally cool over the phone. She sounded sincere so I'm hoping everything will be okay between us. She even said, 'it's the nature of the business' which is why she is still a travel agent part-time.

Phew! I'm so relieved to get this out in the open. She said she is very happy for me. She said when I started to tell her the first thing that went through her mind is that I've decided to stop looking and just live with my parents (LOL).

I told her she would be the first person I invite over for dinner, once I get furniture, pots & pans, dishes, etc. My aunt already told me I can have her microwave. A friend who recently moved gave her one that she likes better so I can have her original microwave. It's already starting, my family is going to go bonkers helping get settled. (LOL) I can hear my mom and aunt planning the decor. This should be an experience.

Hugs everyone,

Ben

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 5:04pm
Congrats, Bennie! :)

I am so happy for you. That is great news. I'm sure you will be very happy in your new place.

I know that moving is one of the top things on the list of stressful things in life, but I think you will do fine. It's a big step, but try not to stress out about it too much. Just take it one step at a time. Believe me, I know how you are feeling-I am moving out on Saturday. I can't believe how quickly it has came about. I remember not to long ago I was just looking at the place. I am not buying, I'm renting, but it's the first time that I've really been out on my own. Needless to say, I'm nervous. I think it's going to take some time to adjust, but I think it will be a good thing for me and I'm sure yit will be the same for you.

As for your friend, I would just be honest with her. If she is a true friend she will be happy for you and understand your actions and reasons for doing what you are doing.

Good Luck and All the Best Always!!!

Andrea

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 10:07am
YEAH! I just wanted to wish you all the best! I hope everything works out, I know the next month will be stressful! but it will all be worth it! And i am sur eyou will be surprised how many people have "extra" stuff you can have, till you get settled and can buy all your own stuff! I am so happy for you, it really is going to be a fabulous new chapter in your life, you will love it! And hey, you parents will adjust, I am sure having them be active in the whole process helps them deal with it all. Have fun with it, it is going to be great for you!
Photobucket