Had a dream last night, care to analyze?

iVillage Member
Had a dream last night, care to analyze?
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 9:06am
It was one of those slightly weird dreams. I'm going to dreaming@swoon.com later to see the symbolisms.

I had a dream that I saw my parents house was being robbed. The house in the dream was totally different from their house in reality. It was smaller and surrounded by a bigger yard with nice green grass and trees. In the dream I was somehow able to subdue the burgler. I remember chasing him down and eventually I ended up sitting on top of him, he was face down in the grass. My friends may have helped, at least in calling the police, I can't remember if we all ran after him or what. In the end when I was sitting on his back he was out cold. I don't remember attacking him but he was totally out and I was waiting for the police to come and haul his butt to jail. By they way, in the dream my parents weren't home when the house was being robbed. I seem to remember I was outside with friends either having a barbeque or just hanging outside because it was a lovely day.

What do you think it might mean? Do I feel I'm my parents caretaker and now that I'm going to move out no one will be there to look after them?

TGIF,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 2:24pm
Bennie, I think you hit the nail on the head with your analysis. Sounds like you are a little worried that they need you there to help/protect/whatever. Yeah, check out swoon, I like looking things up on that site.

Have a great weekend!

Julie

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 7:46pm
Ben,

I have a dream dictionary of my own, and this is what it said about "robbery":

Psychological Meaning: You may feel that someone has stolen your success. For example, a work collegue may have accepted the paraise and honor for work that is in reality yours. Similarly, you may be feel robbed of your ability to express yourself emotionally or act in a decisive way. What is it that has been stolen? This may represent the part of yourself that needs to be recovered from the unconcious.

Mystical Meaning: The Gypsies believe that to dream of robbing means that you have a guilty conscience. However, if you dream of being a part of a gang of rovveries this means that you can count on your friends.

Maybe you should post this on a dream board in ivillage!! I think theres one at women.com and in readers and writers... i'm not 100% sure...

let us know what that website said!

~Lisa

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 8:41am
Hmmm, your book's meaning of robbery was different from the one on the web site I mentioned.

On dreaming@swoon it says, Robbery - to dream of losing your valuables in a robbery is an omen of contrary and signifies unexpected gains, unless the robbery involved a loss of money, in which case it is a warning to be careful how you handle your cash. Robber - Oddly enough, this dream pertains to affairs of the heart and suggests that you are in danger of losing your head over an unworthy person.

In the dream we called the police. Police - Police in your dream are a symbol of security in your life, and even if your dream involved trouble with them, it is an omen of contrary and signifies that you will get unexpected help with a current problem. House - An old house signifies a reunion or renewal of an old association. A new house prdictes financial security.

Also, to be technical,I foiled the burglery so nothing was stolen. I think the dream is a combo of trying to be there and take care of my parents, and now myself.

Thanks for your input.

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso