Funbiz.....

iVillage Member
Funbiz.....
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 9:00am
I saw your post below & I'm really sad to hear you are feeling so bad! I've "known" you for quite a while, you & I are "oldies" here at the Self Esteem board. I must say I am glad that you still come back here when you need to.... we are always here for you.

Ya know, there must be something in the water, because every woman I know is just having a ROTTEN time with dating & stuff. I have a friend who suffered a devasting loss - sudden death of her 28 year old BF 2 years ago. She is ready for a new man in her life, and she's just not having good luck. She had the same thing you did - the old "let's be friends" speech. But - when you think about it, at least the guy is coming clean that he isn't interested in a romantic relationship, instead of just blowing you ladies off. I can't count the number of times that has happened to me & other people...

Don't give up!! That's what I tell her. Meeting the right person takes time - sometimes it might seem like an eternity. Ha - my BF's best buddy hasn't had a 'real' girlfriend in about 7 years.. and really, he's an okay guy.

I have a couple of friends who have had great success with Match, so don't let this experience deter you. You may have to meet 20 guys (or MORE!) before you meet someone who is right for you.

Don't let anyone else make you feel bad about yourself. They are not worth it. Anyone who has only known you a brief time doesn't know crap. It's their loss for not investing more time into getting to know you ;)

Take care hon - Big hugs to you!

Julie froggyfish@hotmail.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_froggyfish
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 1:55am
Thank you Julie for your kind note. I emailed you at the hotmail account...did you receive it?
iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_froggyfish
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 10:38am
You know what, there must be something wrong with that account... you are the second person to email me there & I didn't get it :(

Can you please resend it to zosolizard@hotmail.com

Sorry about that - I dont' know why that happened.

Thanks, Julie