Breast Envy

iVillage Member
Breast Envy
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 9:57am
I have a self image problem do to my small breasts. I've been envious of the other girls and women for years. I have an "A" cup and I don't quite fill out the "B" cups. If I could get to this point I might be a little happier but this has eluded me. I would feel more beautiful about myself. I definitely don't want to go thru a radical operation. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. This just finally got to me! THanks! Alicia

iVillage Member
In reply to: alicia664
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 10:05am
Fuuny thing is a lot of women with larger breasts would love to be you! Every summer, I look at these cute shirts that other women can wear and i can't! I can't wear things without support or without a bra, I try some button down shirts on and they open up across the chest but are big in the waist, making me look fat! So I decided that I just need to dress inwhat looks good on me! Embrace your body, wear clothes that flatter, get a fabulous haircut that you love, having a big chest isn't going to make you beautiful! It is the person that you are that counts!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 10:06am
Hello Alicia - welcome to the board.

If you want to look a little more buxom - how about trying some of the Wonder Bras out there, or the gel filled ones? I have a friend who has a very small A cup. She put on one of those "water" bras, and it really made a difference. She did try some of those herbal pills that are supposed to grow boobs - but they didn't do much (surprise,surprise, huh??)

Those bras are available at pretty much all stores now... you dont' have to go spend $50 at Victoria's Secret anymore. I saw some really cute gel-bras at Walmart - and they were under $15.

You don't want to undergo surgery - good for you. Ouch! So hey - there is nothing wrong with padding things a little ;)

And can I tell you this? Summer is coming - and you get to wear a lot of cute tops with NO BRA if you want!!!

Good Luck & hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 10:10am
wow, don't I know how you feel! I'm SMALL for my age (22) and b/c of untreated scoliosis, my breasts are not lined up evenly so they are not even firm, they slump which makes me look funny. I'm always envious of the women who have big breasts that look right and make them beautiful. I feel like I'm unattractive b/c of the size and misalignment of my breasts. I'm a B cup but I still barely fill out.

As unattractive as I feel, I do know some women that would love to be in my place. One of my classmates had a breast reduction b/c her breasts were huge. They still are but not as bad as before. We each have unique bodies and we need to learn to accept the bodies that were given to us instead of letting our body image dictate our self-esteem. Who says that small breasts can't be sexy or attractive? If anything, it means less attention by guys on our bodies and more on us as people, not sex objects.

Benita
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 1:12pm
I understand what you are going through, Alicia664. I, too, am small breasted 34 A and it sucks! No matter what anyone says, I would rather have boobs! I wont even wear a shirt in the summer time without a bra for the fear that my booms may look smaller. I constantly look at other woman daily, not cause I like woman, but envy their boobs.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 6:19pm
I can't say I haven't been envious of women with large breasts. There was a time in my life when I used to get so depressed over my small chest, especially when I lost a lot of weight. It seemed to all come from that area of my body! But then I see some small chested women who are so beautiful and it hits me that it really doesn't matter what size you are. It's all in your attitude and learning to love yourself. Confidence shows and when you feel beautiful you carry yourself that way and it definitely attracts attention.

When you really think about it...you're not all about the size of your breasts and I know everyone always says that and it probably doesn't help your feelings much but give it some thought.

Take care!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 11:59am
Hey Julie,

Do you think that you can get those gel-filled bras at a Wal-Mart here in Canada? I'm sick and tired of paying $30 for a padded push-up bra to make my breasts look larger.

If you could let me know, that would be great!

Thanks!!

Cyneman

P.S. I know exactly how alicia664 feels. I feel the same way sometimes because I wear a small C cup but I might as well have no breasts at all.