what do you do when the day is just bad

iVillage Member
what do you do when the day is just bad
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 11:13pm
When you're having one of those days where everyone makes you mad, things go wrong, and you just want to cry, other than crying, who does something interesting to make things better?
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 9:04am
That's tough because some days just have to end so you can move on to the next day. When I'm having a really bad day I:

Pout

Watch some TV sitcoms and veg out.

Visit this bulletin board and post my complaints.

Try to think of all the good things in life that make my problems seem miniscule.

As I said, some days just have to pass by so you can start the next day and hope it is a better one. Keep visiting this board and posting your thoughts. Hopefully with time you feel better.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 11:25am
Well, this may not be very interesting, but I treat myself to something.

Like - I'll go out at lunchtime & buy myself something, even if it's just a bottle of nail polish at Walgreen's. Or - I'll treat myself to a decadent treat.... a small sundae from Mc Donald's maybe (which is a big deal cuz I'm always on a diet, haha)

In general - just spoil yourself a little. Remind yourself that this day will eventually be over with... but in the meantime, treat yourself extra good to get through it :)

Hugs to you!

Julie

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 11:35am
Give yourself a big huge hug and know that tomorrow will be a better day!!! :)

Here are a couple ideas:

-take a nice long bubble bath

-write in a journal

-take a nap, with the idea in your mind that when you wake up, you'll feel better and refreshed!

-excersise

-treat yourself to something (like cl-froggyfish had mentioned)

-read a book

-have a glass of wine

-i know you said besides crying, but just letting it all out can really really help

-if your angry, punch a pillow...hard....several times

-go to a pet store and visit the cute little kittens and puppies

-watch a movie, a good chick flick always makes me feel a little better

-keep posting on here!!!!

I hope some of those help... we all have those days where everything seems to go wrong, and they really suck... like ben said, sometimes, if all else fails, you just have to let it pass....

Feel better!

~Lisa

lisa_ann1226@yahoo.ca

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 1:34am
Actually, I did take a nap, and it did help. Thanks.