Topsy Turvy Tuesday

iVillage Member
Topsy Turvy Tuesday
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 9:44am
Goodmorning Ladies!

Here's our Tuesday topic! It's a miscellaneous kind of day ... vent, scream, cry, laugh, do as you wish we're all here to listen! :)

~Jen

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 10:19am
Well, today I am in a much better mood than yesterday! I reminded myself last night that my ex is the one who should be seeking therapy, who has self esteem issues, who was falwed, not me! Our breakup was because of him and his issues! So I am not going to let his baggage make me feel bad about myself, no way , no how! I am going to stop thinking about him and the past and just take steps to move forward! I actually dolike myself, I am a fun person and I have lots of friends who can attest to that! And when the time is right, I will run smack dab into the guy who I am meant to be with! Until then (hopefully it won't be TOO long), I will focus on being happy with what I do have rahter than moaning about what i don't (though I do reserve the right to whine now and then about the sinlge life, ha).
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 11:10am
First of all - YAY to Lori :) YOU GO GIRL!!!! Your Rule!

I'm feeling REALLY blah today. Blah, blah, blah. PMS, bloated, bummed out still about the BF stuff - BLAH!

So - I'm going to go to the gym at lunch & renew my membership for starters. And then - I think I'm going to sit down & figure out a realistic budget, so I can start stashing my money away for a house/condo/townhouse - whatever.

Have a good Tuesday everyone - Julie

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 11:28am
Hi,

I am looking for some advice. I am worried sick for my sister and I don't know what to do? She is 36 years old and has been dating the same guy for 6 years. He is emotionally unstable and has only brought her grief. He has lied, cheated and manipulated. He has been back and for with her for over two years now, and she takes him back every time. When he calls she is happy if he doesn't call she is a mess. Now they had the talk last night that I have been waiting for for years....he is letting her go for good. She is a complete basket case. She drinks, smokes and paces all over the house. She even says things like "I don't want to live." I just don't know what to do? I can't get her tosee therapist and I am watching her self-destruct. It tears me up inside and I don't know how to help her. She won't listen to anyone. She blames this whole awful relationship on herself. What scares me is that this relationship dictates her happiness. Does anyone have any advice on how I can help her? I don't know what to do? I am scared something awful is going to happen to her?

Please, if anyone has any advice please respond to this message. I am desperate.