Dream analysis time

iVillage Member
Dream analysis time
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 1:37pm
Okay, I had two nutty dreams last night, both were similar. I'll tell you the dreams an then what dreaming@swoon.com has to say about the symbolisms. Some of them are long so I will condense them.

Dream 1 - I was kidnapped. Near the end of the dream I thought I was going to be executed by my kidnappers, I don't think I was the only one kidnapped but I don't remember faces or namds of other kidnapp victims. I/we were being held at a house on a lake.

Dream 2 - I was working at a daycare center (bizzare thought in itself as I've always worked in offices). We received a death threat, don't remember if it was a phone call or by mail. There were police stationed around the driveway of our building. I think it was in a house, not a commercial building.

Both times I felt my life was in danger. I saw Bruce Almighty over the weekend and Jennifer Anniston's character works in a daycare center so that can be where the daycare center thing comes from.

Kidnap - If you were kidnapped in your dream, you are likely to be embarassed by the company you have been keeping. a change of companions would probably be beneficial. To dream of a kidnappin in which you were not personally involved is a sign of sudden important changes in the offing.

Execution - To see or be aware of an execution in your dream suggests that the success of some current undertaking is doubtful and if achieved will take more money, effort, and/or time than you anticipated. To be condemned to execution signifies good news concerning a health problem.

House - an old house signifies a reunion or renewal of an old association. A new house predicts financial security.

Death - If you dreamed of being dead yourself, it indicates an approaching release from all your worries and/or a recovery from illness.

Threat - You are being strongly warned against gambling or specualation if your dream featured any form of threat or threatening atmosphere.

Police - Police in your dream are a symbol of security in your life, and even if your dream involved trouble with them, it is an omen of contrary and signifies that you will get unexpected help with a current problem.

Guard - if your dream concerned observing something being protected by guards, it portends a loss through carlessness or theft.

Classroom - Even when filled with pre-schoolers, a classroom is a place of work. Your inner teacher has brought you here to spur a basic re-education of some kind.

School - a dream of being in school suggests that your reluctance to break old associations is retarding your progress.

Sorry, this is a rather long posting. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have a few but I'll wait.

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 1:55pm
So, can I assume you are thinking/wondering what if anything this has to do with the big move?! I don't get teh association with the kidnapping, have you been embarassed by your friends? Maybe it has to do with your thoughts on still living with your parents, and of course now you have made your change of living association by buying your condo. As for the execution, well, you know in order to be successful with the move, you will need a huge time, financial, emotional investment!

Maybe the second dream is just to show you that you are going to change, to learn new things but you will be ok, you will be protected and find security. I often try to read into my dreams but sometimes they are so weird, I can't possibly begin to analyze them! I had a few weird ones last night but nothing disturbing so I don't care to figure out what they meant. To me, it just means I had too much chinese food too close to bedtime, ha!

Cant wait to hear your thoughts on your dreams! By the way, did you move yet or is that still yet to happen?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 2:11pm
Thanks, I had some similar thoughts but the embarassment thing, you bring up a good point but I thought of something different. Yes, I don think the move is what's on my mind. It will be a big investment financially, time wise and and investment in me. I will learn things from the move (like how much clothes I own and don't need - LOL) and being on my own.

Re: embarassment, my best friend tends to do some things that embarass me. As a child she fell and broke her skull to the point he had to relearn to walk and talk all over so sometimes she's clumsy and such. What embarasses me most is things like when we are out to dinner, if she gets something stuck in her mouth/between teeth she sticks her finger in her mouth and fishes it out. My feeling is we use our tongues, suffer for a little while or excuse ourselves to the restroom and take care of the problem. Also, sometimes she burps without warning (borderline belch), I think she can't suppress her burps like most of us, again referring to her motor skills not the same as mine.

It's not that big a deal but I do sometimes see people look at her funny when she does these types of things.

Thanks for your input. I haven't moved yet. I'm still waiting for the bedroom furniture to be in stock and delivered.

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso