Are you losing weight?

iVillage Member
Are you losing weight?
Thu, 06-19-2003 - 11:41am
Someone else just asked me that at work, that makes 2 people this week! YEAH! I am still miffed that the scale isn't moving but my inches are dropping and people are noticing! Yipee! Just the boost I need these days! I am really trying to stop the consatnt criticism I givemyself about how I look so this helps! I know, superficial and silly but as much as we try to deny it, we do take some self-worth from how we look!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-19-2003 - 12:26pm
Yep, I agree with you 100%. Sure, a lot of it is about accepting ourselves (like - I will NEVER be a size 3). But we can be the best we can be :)

I am trying to lose weight right now too... I gained a good 18 lbs. over the past year, partly due to medication. I'm off the meds now - and it is like pulling teeth to get this weight off. So - I get frustrated! But I'm just going to keep trying. I know that I feel better when I am a bit lighter. I just want to fit back into my size 10's ;)

Anyway - keep up the good work! You are doing great! :) :) :)

I was thinking of adding some kind of weight loss/diet/exercise thingy to this board, since a lot of us would like to improve ourselves in one or more of those areas.

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-19-2003 - 11:14pm
Like you I gained a lot of weight during past year because of medication. I gained 40 pounds in one year. The medication drastically increased my appetite and slowed down my motabolism. Since I've been off the medication I've been losing about 10 pounds every month for a total fo 30 pounds so far. But guess what, I still feel fat. My friend said that I look a lot slimmer, but all I can see is that I'm not as slim as I want to be. I want to lose another 35-40 pounds so that I can get back to what I weighed 3 years ago. Hopefully when I reach that weight I will feel satisfied with how I look.

Renee