Week is not starting off well

iVillage Member
Week is not starting off well
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 8:52am
Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is anything but on Saturday I almost felt like I had a panic attack coming on. It didn't happen, but I was feeling unsure of myself. I haven't had one for maybe a year or more too so this really bothered me. Again, it was a similar situation to past attacks. I was at the gym, it was a warm day and as I was driving home I started wondering if an attack was going to start. I turned on the A/C, starting whistling to the radio (something that always seemed to help me because it forces me to take deep breaths and helps me to concentrate on the song and distract me from the panic attack).

As I got closer to home I felt better and I didn't have an attack, but still, I had this unsure feeling as I was driving. I didn't feel this way the rest of the weekend but it made me uneasy and wonder why it happened. It could be simply that it was the heat and I simply had a deja vu' experience. I'll discuss it with my therapist tomorrow.

Today is another thing though. It's not a BIG deal but . . .

I arose early to get to my gym and it was not open yet. Everyone was waiting and waiting for someone to open it (it opens at 5:30 a.m.) and eventually everyone left to go home and job or something else. Instead I exercised to Gilad on the Health Network. Then as I was getting ready for work one of my little elastic necklaces breaks as I'm putting it on. I tried to find the beads, maybe I can re-string them one night.

Then some traffic lights weren't working (I heard this on the radio) so I had to figure which way to drive to work without getting stuck in traffic. Luckily there were police officers directing traffic. The traffic was moving pretty good thank goodness. Then I get to work and I realized I forgot to put on my watch and grab my company ID swipe card that let's me in the building.

All I can say is the rest of the day has to get better.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 10:50am
Ehh, yeah, that's an icky Monday morning for ya - sorry!!

I have an ID Badge for work like you - and if I forget mine, ugh - it's such a pain in the butt. So I totally relate.

Hey - I have to give you kudos for still getting your exercise in - you go girl :)

That is interesting about the panic attack - I used to have them too. They are awful, aren't they? I guess we aren't totally immune to them - and then, we worry we might have one.. that probably makes it even more probable. Like you said, maybe it was the heat & stuff. But - either way, you did your little "exercises" & it sounds like you kept it all in check... good job!

Here to a better day for you hon!

Hugs, Julie