My weekend update (and a date story)

iVillage Member
My weekend update (and a date story)
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 11:50am
I finally went out with that guy I had been playing phone tag with! It went so well, we talked all night, stayed out way later than I thought we would and I even got a smootch, well a couple (can you see me blushing?). He was so nice, very funny and seemed like such a gorunded guy! And he was a hottie to boot, I didn't remember him being that attractive, ha! So hopefully we will see each other again but even if we don't, I had a great experience and it restores my faith in findign a good guy out there!

The rest of my weekend was great, spent time with friends, saw fireworks in Philly, went to my brother's BBQ.. I had a blast at his party and got a huge compliment. We wer ein the pool and his best friend was there, I have known this guy forever, walked with him in my brother's wedding and everything! He is in perfect physical condition, perfect body! So we are in the pool and he looks at me and says "Geez, have you been working out alot lately? You look like you should be playing volleyball on a beach somewhere, you look great." I was so happy, not only a great compliment but I was in a bathing suit to boot! It really made me feel good! Of course I pigged out that day and the next so I am back on track today!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, saw some fireworks and had some fun!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 2:02pm
That's great- I'm so happy your date went well! And you had all kinds of fun over the weekend too :) Keep us posted w/this guy!

My weekend was pretty good - ate way too much though, haha.

Saturday night I went to see an old 80's metal band - and I ended up jumping on the stage for their last song.. so let's just say I was feeling quite outgoing! That was probably the highlight of my weekend, haha. Saw lots of different friends, and also saw some decent fireworks.

It was SO hot on the 4th - icky. But other than that, the weather was okay :)

Ahhh - now if I could just put on a bathing suit & get a compliment, EEEK! I'll have to catch up with you on that one ;)

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 2:49pm
Yeah! I'm so happy for you. That's great! And that complement didn't hurt either. Score two point for you. Keep up updated, I'm going to live vicariously a little through you. So far I haven't met or seen anyone at my new condo that's a single man. It's mostly single ladies. I guess there are some benefits to that. We can freely talk about our lady probmels? (LOL)

My weekend was kind of a dud but it's my own doing. My dad had a colinoscopy (just routine, nothing suspicious) so he wasn't up to going to the fireworks in our town Thursdya night. Anyway, in the newspaper the next day it said the sky was rather foggy/cloudy so the show was marred, half could be seen, half exploede in the mist. Friday I went to Home Depot and bought a new light for my kitchen. Then I checked out the new Wal-Mart and bought some items. That was about it. Saturday I went to a BBQ at my cousin's and it was sooo hot. One of my cousins just got back from France with her nice (really nice guy) hubby and kids and that partly made me depressed. Where's my hubby and trip to France. I probably should have talked up my condo more but just wasn't in the mood. That night I met a friend at a free open-air concert, nothing special, a funk/jazz combo. We stayed till about 9:30 till her 10 year old daughter was bored. Sunday, mom and I purchased the remainder of the furniture I need, an entertainment unit, coffee and end tables for my living room and a dining room table and chairs. They will arrive in 2-3 weeks. In a nutshell, I had my period so I didn't feel like baking in the sun since I couldn't really use the pool at my complex. I think having my period also made me a little depressed, it always does. I reorganized my closet a little and picked up my place. When it's this HOT outside I'm an indoors person. Part of me felt I was missing out on doing stuff but I just didn't feel like sweating up a storm.

Ah Julie - which 80's metal band did you jump on stage with? I want to know if I should be jealous?

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 3:13pm
haha - Bennie I thought about posting a separate message just for you, since you are my fellow head-banger ;)

Well - it's probably not anyone to get TOO Excited about - based on my friends reaction to my going to see them...

Quiet Riot - Bang your Head!!! LOL

All of the original members, which was cool :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 4:53pm
Duh! I just replied to your post and then I think I simply hit the 'back' button and lost it all.

Let's see, what did I just say in my post?

I do remember Quiet Riot and I love that song Bang Your Head. That's the only song of theirs that comes to my mind. Did they have any other memorable hits? What was the crowd like? Were there a number of, um, aging, somewhat balding metal-head hold-overs from the 80's in the crowd? My boss is a BIG fan of the Grateful Dead. He went to a show 2 weeks ago and was real funny when he described the crowd.

I'm glad at least you kicked up your heals this weekend. Maybe sometime in the near future it will be my turn. Of course it would help if I had some extra energy and some friends that would want to go see a metal band again. Most of them pooped out on me long ago.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 4:58pm
Bennie, you cracked me up. Believe it or not, the crowd wasn't an old sack of hangers-on. I thought it would be Mullet Heaven, but the crowd was suprisingly mixed.

I dragged a group of younger friends to see them. Believe me - none of my friends in my age group would go see them either, they've all 'retired'. Too bad you don't live closer to Chicago - I'd go to any metal show you wanted, heehee :)

It was a blast - and I'm hoping to find some photo's online - people were taking lots of pictures, maybe there's one of me onstage!

Take care - time to go home, yippppppeeeee:)

Hugs, Julie