Can't win for nothing

iVillage Member
Can't win for nothing
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 12:23am
I really can't win in life. I feel so fat and useless. Everything is going wrong in my life. I just wish that I can take a long vacation from everyone and everything. I wish that things were easier for me, but I can't win. Everything that can go wrong does. I feel like I'm a living Murphy's Law. And my ex is around bothering me again, only to find him laying all over my unconsiderate roommate. Why is it that no one ever considers my feelings? ahhh! Thanks for listening.

Trix

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 10:14am
Awww, Trix - just gotta give you a virtual ((hug))

I know how you feel - I feel the same way sometimes. Okay, often, actually. I look around & see this person & that person seeming to have a better/easier life. But - sometimes I have to force myself to also look around & see that my life isn't so bad. Things could be much, much worse.

Tell your ex to bugger off, number 1. And if you have a rude roommate - I'd sit down & have a talk with them too. At least you can express your feelings, maybe it will make you feel better.

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 5:21pm
Wow, a lot going on; yeah you need to get away from all of the negativity first of all. You don't need that garbage in your life. Hug....

So is it possible to make a move away from that house and start over? You need to be around positive people, they are rubbing off on you and it can't be healthy. "Fixxing" your life is never easy and you will have to tackle one thing or at least only a few things at a time.

This is my solution. Go to a quiet place with some paper and some index cards. A library is a great place. Write down all of the things that you don't want in your life and be honest 'cuz no on will see this but you. Now write down all of the things that you want. For example your own apartment, new car, different job, lose weight, join a health club. Now write all of the good things that you want one on each card. Read the cards just like you are getting ready for a test in two weeks. In the mean time try to escape a little bit, just remove yourself especially when the ex comes over. Go to the library, no one judges you. You can grab an audio book or read a book. Remember to read your good things cards. What you are doing is brainwashing yourself and soon you won't stand for all the crap around you. Find a fitness buddy, online is going to be easier and less judgemental so try another board here for that. You will get there but you need a goal to work on. If your brain does not have a goal to work towards and a systematic way or steps to get it, then you won't get there. You must do this every single day. I can't say this enough. Stay away from the negativity and read your cards. Stay around here and everyone will help any way possible. Hug again ~Sharon

Photobucket