My hair needs help!

iVillage Member
My hair needs help!
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 9:02am
I have all of these little frizzies sticking up off the top of my head. Obviously they are broken hairs.

I figured it's from wearing a ponytail so much (I love the ease!)..... so, I decided to a) stop blow drying so much and b) wearing a looser ponytail, using a scrunchy.... someone recommended this to me.

But - geez, there they are, still all short & sticking up!

Can anyone help? Why haven't they grown out - or, why is it still breaking? I try to take really good care of my hair & be gentle...and I don't dye it much really, anymore.

Help anyone?? I'd really really appreciate it :)

Thanks! Julie

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 10:23am
As I know that the only treatment to broken hair is cutting it ..LOL.

try to the oil treatment, get an oil tube and put it in warm water for 2min then put it in your wet clean hair ( while having a shower) keep it for 1min or as the instruction tell ,then pour lots of water on your hair you will maybe need to use the shampo after .

I tried this way , its fast,easy and effective.

for now to hide the sticking up hair try to use a cream gel until they grow out

goodluck

Linda

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 11:52am
You probably won't want to hear this but the only way to really mend your hair is an all over cut. If you have long hair and wear it in a pony-tail with a rubber band then yes, the rubber band will damage your hair and make some hairs really short and sticking up. I would definitely suggest wearing something less damaging like a scrunchy. That should help stop future damage. How about using some gel to hold the shorter hair in place when you do use a scrunchy? That's about all I can think of for now. A cut should make it look a little more unified.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 8:48am
Hey Julie, not sure what style your hair is in but I used to have the same problem! I had my hair razor cut and I love it now! My hiar has more style and body and yet i can still pull it back when I want to. I still get some of those flyaways but if I am going to pull my hair back, I use a cream straightener and it smoothes my hair right down. I think the stuff I use is by Matrix but I am not sure. Any straightener will do I am sure though!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 9:48am
Hey thanks everyone :) Well - I made an appointment at a semi-upscale salon to get a hopefully GOOD haircut (I've been going on the cheap for a while now). And - I'm going to just baby my hair even more.

Thanks again :) Hugs, Julie