New Lease on Life????

iVillage Member
New Lease on Life????
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 11:29am
Hi everyone~

Wow! It has been awhile since I posted but here I am. Just wanted to update you all (those who don't know) and get some feedback.

I was planning to move to France in the fall but I decided, for various reasons, that it is not in MY best interest right now to do that. So, I opted out and will be staying here. There is not a problem really; I feel good about my decision and really feel that it was the right thing to do at the right time. Now I feel like I have a new lease on life, another chance to follow my dreams and "bloom where I've been planted." I am loving living here now, only after I almost was away from here. I see all the great things around me in a new light and am happy to be here now. This could have something to do with a wonderful budding relationship and my being a "lady in love" but I have a feeling that there is more to it than that. It is just ME and my newfound appreciation for all that I have around me.

So, my worry is that this will fade and that I'll be back to being the unmotivated person that I usually am and that I will NOT keep this "new lease on life" feeling and that I will not use this time to the fullest and not follow my dreams HERE. (Sorry, that sentence was a RUN-ON!) I want so badly to keep the "never know what you've got until it's gone" feeling and use it fully to go after what would make me even happier. Does this all sound like nonsense? If not, please reply and help me figure this out. I'm happy but confused too. Thanks and hope you are all having wonderful weeks!

Wredd :):):)

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Gandhi

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 2:29pm
It's good to have you back. Tell us more about this 'new lease on life' - where did you meet this person, etc. Try to think positive and not about what might go wrong and that you will not be able to keep up this good feeling about life. Take it one day at a time.

Re: not going to France, I guess I don't blame you. I would not feel comfortable traveling overseas right now. My cousin's just came back from a vacation in France that they had to postpose because of the war. They said people couldn't be nicer to them so the 'French being rude to Americans' was a myth to them.

Check in more often, we'd love to hear from you again.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso