The job search WILL continue...

iVillage Member
The job search WILL continue...
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 11:05am
Boy, that interview yesterday just left me w/a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think they could pay me enough to work w/this guy... sounds like he wants blood. His words "I want someone who will be married to this job". He also indicated that he expects 12 hours per day for the first few months to get things moving. On top of it all - he wasn't very nice.

I have no problem w/hard work - but it would have to be for someone semi-nice!!

Anyway - that's what happened... I'll just stay put for now ;)

Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 12:37pm
Yikes! He doesn't sound like some anyone would like to work for, only a new college grad who might not know any better. Well, that's what interviews are for, they can get an idea of what we are like and we can get an idea of what an ogre they are too. It sounds like you will be better off in another position with another boss.

I may have mentioned we have a new exec in our department, he's been here maybe a month. I've come to the conclusion he might be a nice person outside of work but I don't want to work for him. It's just little things. (Just skip this if I've already posted these complaints here.)

A week ago the phones were busy. His line rang and he called me a few minutes later to see why no one picked up his line (his assistant was away from her desk so it falls on me to answer his phone). I told him I didn't even notice it ringing and appologized. I probably had 2-3 lines ringing at once and was trying to answer all of them. (Would it kill him to answer his phone once in a while?)

Yesterday his assistant and I chuckled over his file folders. She made up a few at a time as he reqested new folders and tabs. Well, the font she used on the P-Touch was a little different each time. Some big and bold, others smaller. It depended on the length of the name on the file folder. He wants them to all be the same font size. (Who's going to see them but him? As long as he can find them when he needs them, that's all that matters.)

Then today, I was sitting at my desk, she stepped away to get some lunch in the cafeteria, she'll eat at her desk, he comes up to me and needs some copies made. (She'll be right back, it's not like she's gone for an hour.)

We've come to the conclusion he's a bit of a prima donna. Oh well, that's the corporate life for you.

Keep looking, hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 2:04pm
Thanks Ben - Actually an old co-worker of mine told me they will be looking for two folks for her team in a month or two... and that if I am interested, she'd like me to apply... she's pretty cool. So - I'll go for it - that might really work out.

Good luck with Mr. Primadonna over there ;) You're tough - it's great that you can make fun of it all, ya know ??

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 7:42am
I"m sorry ot hear it went so poorly. Yeah, I don't think any job is worth being "married to" Ugh. Keep trying! Good luck

Nikki