Hello everyone I'm back

iVillage Member
Hello everyone I'm back
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 11:09am
*Kinda long, just wanted to vent again. But this time in a good way. :) *

Well, I just got back from the hospital for my brother. He had surgury on his back for scroliouious (sp) It went very well. I am very proud of him and look up to him. For being 16 and going through this. He will be home either friday or saturday morning. He is in the process of moving around and walking. If you would like to know more let me know.

This was not only a great way for me to think about everything in my life in a clear and mature fashion, but I really have a totally different outlook on alot of things in my life. When it comes to keeping everyone happy and everything I realize that the things I do they may not always agree with and that its a part of life. Something that they are all going to have to accept. I mean, if I make a bad decision or good I will learn for myself. I should be able to do what I think is right for ME. And I know that sounds selfish but as I think about it I realize that this is my life I am living and only I can make myself as happy or as sad, etc. as I want to be. I also realize that if there is something really bothering me to open my mouth. If I don't I am just really killing myself inside sort of speak. When it comes to my family I am just going to keep it with my mom's side and my brother. My dad's side is very huge and is alot about gossip and making sure that everyone knows everything. I think that is a bad thing. I don't really like my step father butI am learning to excpet him more and more. I personally don't see what she see's in him but more then likely she probibly thinks the same lines as me and my husband. lol (My father passed away when I was 7 just so you can understand) So I am planning on just keeping it intermediate. And when it comes to other family members out side of I guess you can say the circle I will e-mail them every so often to let them know whats going on but not give out that much detail.

Everything will start slowly falling into place and I have to learn to control it and become an adult in the situations.

*Thank you for reading. I would like to just continue on typing away if that is alright here. I really feel good after letting it all out. And I love typing so Ithere ya go. I will just post it on this post instead of having about 20 of them. :) hanks for reading, as well as caring and understanding. ANd also to thoes who feel they are in the same boat as me, that is really reasuring. We will get through this. I am also willing to listen to you as you are to me. *hugs* *

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 1:25pm
Just wanted to say I am so glad your brother's surgery went so well! I do admire him having to go through so much at 16 but it will definately make him a better person...not just physically!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 2:08pm
Hey- welcome back. I'm so glad your brother's surgery went well.

And it sounds like you have really found a lot of strength and confidence for yourself - and for that, I wanna say "you go girl". I agree - worry about YOU. Sure - we have to consider people's feelings, etc... etc... but at the same time, we should be our biggest fan, and make ourselves as happy as possible. Heck no, not selfish at all.

Hugs, Julie