Has anyone tried Weight Watchers?

iVillage Member
Has anyone tried Weight Watchers?
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 1:54pm
I'm just not doing so well with my weight loss battle. Some ladies here have a WW meeting & a friend of mine is joining. My BF even offered to pay for it, if I want to go.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with it, or knows anyone who has.

It SEEMS easy to follow.

Thanks, Julie

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 9:20am
I did try this a few years ago and it worked for maybe 2 weeks but I found that writing down my meals got tedious. Depending on how busy I was each day could delay my logging in my meals so it got to be more work than I wanted. Also, WW allows for more carbs than my most recent diet with the nutritionist (where I lost almost 15 pounds) so I think that was a reason I didn't lose as much with WW.

I have one friend that swears by WW so it's like anything, what works for one person may or may not work for another. Just like therapy, one person will have luck with a therapist, another may go for yeas until they have a break-through.

My aunt wants me to write down my diet from the nutritionist. If I get around to typing it up do you want me to post it here?

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 9:49am
First of all - Bennie, congrats :) You've lost 15 lbs since the nutritionist? That's awesome! I know you told me a little bit about your menu - but yeah, if you want to post it, that would be very cool.

When you did Weight Watchers, was it on this "Point System" that it is on now? I don't know how new that is, but you get a certain number of points each day, and all foods have a point value. So - you can eat whatever you want, but you must remain in your personal point range. It SEEMS easy enough - but maybe it's more of a pain that I think? Let me know okay?

As I sit here & my pants are digging into my stomach - I'm pretty desperate for something that I can stick with.

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 12:20pm
Yes, it was the point system. You get X points a day and you can go over those points if you exercise. I think I was in the 23-26 point range. If I did an hour of exercise I could go up a point or two because the exercise made up for those points. It might work for you. Do you know someone who could loan or copy the books and various info for you? Before you invest any $$ see if someone can lend you their WW info for a week or two, or copy the basics for you.

In the meantime, I'll try to type up my typical daily menu and post it here. I'm still trying to catch up from being out yesterday. Isn't it amazing how behind we can get from being out just one day?

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso