I'm home sick today

iVillage Member
I'm home sick today
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 3:24pm
Hi Gang,

Okay, maybe I'm playing hooky more than really sick but I think it's my first sick day all year so it's not like I do this often. Saturday night I was in NYC when I started feeling like my lunch did not agree with me. I thought it was just indegestion but boy, was I wrong. Luckily our day in the city was almost over but I thought I was gonna die. I couldn't wait to get home and just lie down. It was the longest train ride I ever experienced. Yesterday I was simply tired and drained, a little dizzy. The thought of food didn't even enter my mind. When I'm not hungry you KNOW it means I'm not feeling well because I'm always up to nibbling on something. (LOL)

I figured it would be best to stay home today, just for good measure. Besides, my Sunday was basically a lost day. I did a few things today like shop for groceries and get gas in my car.Things I would have done yesterday but didn't feel up to driving.

I'll be back at work tomorrow. I hope everyone had a nice weekend, I'll go read any new postings now.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 3:41pm
Oops, What a rotten co-CL I am. I didn't see this until today! Duh!

Hope you are feeling better today... I know what you mean - we all need a Monday off when we just aren't feeling 100%. That's what sick days are for right?? :)

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 4:25pm
No problem, we all get busy and can't read every posting. I'm back at work today. Yes, Sunday I was recooperating from Saturday night. On Sunday I was not hungry - at all - so of course I was lite-headed and weak. I took yesterday off as a pre-caution. I wanted to make sure I ate for a full day and got back my strength and energy. Besides, as I mentioned that was my first sick day all year so I think I deserved it.

I'm going back into the city tonight for another basketball game. Back to the scene of the crime. As usual I'm bringing my own food with me, expecially after Saturday night. Also, the food at the Garden is mostly junk food, hotdogs, pizza, fries and costs an arm and a leg. My friend and I save at least $5-$7 when we bring our own sandwiches.

Hugs,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-16-2003 - 11:24am
Glad you are back to normal today! Sometimes, even when you aren't on your death bed sick, you just don't feel right and need a day to rest and recoup! And isn't it nice to sit and veg in your own place!? Have you gotten all your furniture yet? Hope things are going well with that all! Have a great time at the game tonight!
Photobucket