Update

iVillage Member
Update
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 10:39am
Hi,

I'm feeling much better today. Thank you all for responding to me on my last post it was a bad day. I'm just nervous and my prof are speaking to me in worst case scenarios so they don't get my hopes up, or so they say. The anxiety is just building. I've started using affirmations hoping that will get my self-esteem up. I need all the confidence that I can get for the next couple months. I did get a call from the Dr. who I want to do my internship with. He is a clinical psychologist with his PsyD He does a lot of both experimental and Couseling so maybe I will get a little of both. But the way it sounds it will be mostly experimental. At least maybe this way I will see if I like it. I have decided right now I need to concentrate on the GRE, but I'm still going to be checking into school. I've already sent a couple inquiries. I also am hoping to stop by one of my prof's offices today and talk to her. She knows my entire situation. I just need to learn not to worry so much. that is my main problem other than my self- esteem. Thanks again, Jessica

iVillage Member
In reply to: jessicasue
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 10:42am
glad you are feeling better...taking control of the situation will more than likely calm you down and help you become more focused/less stressed.

-benita
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 11:13am
I'm so glad you are feeling better - and things sound really good for you. Keep up the positive thinking.... I think everythings going to go very well for you :)

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 12:53pm
Hey Jessica, I read your post below but didn't get to reply! I think Renee gave you some fabulous advice! Having been through the whole GRE, grad school thing I can offer a few insights. Like I said before, my grades weren't stunning but I did well on the GRE's. I applied to programs, some of which I didn't think I had a shot of getting into, some of which were "safety" programs. Well, I got into a PhD program with full financial support! My problem was I didn't do enough research into the school and the actual degree i wanted. I ended up leaving that school but did finish up my master's at a fabulous grad school. I ended up taking out a few loans to finance my degree. Don't worry so much about the moeny end of things, that will work itself out, even in the form of loans. Your biggest issue should be exactly what you want to do. Focus on that! i think the intership would be great, no better way to make decisions than to expose yourself to the work and see if it is for you!

I really wish you the best right now, it is a hard time and so nerve wracking but you will be just fine! Hang in there and let us know when you need a pep talk,that is what we are here for!

Photobucket