Best compliment I've recieved!

iVillage Member
Best compliment I've recieved!
Sun, 07-27-2003 - 2:27pm
Last night I went out with a bunch of friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was wonderful. I got there, and the first thing one of them says to me is, "Lisa you're a twig!" Now, I am not a twig, but I have lost 13 lbs in the past month, and I lost a lot of weight from leaving the crew team, so I am skinnier.

Then later, I was teasing him about calling me a twig, and he says to me "I only said it because there's just so much contrast between your boobs and your stomach." I started laughing, because he's a super shy guy, but it made me feel so good to hear that.

I was very flattered because I was hanging out with two guy friends and guys kept stopping to hit on me. It really gave me a bit of a boost, reminding me that I am pretty, and guys are attracted to me. (I have been having a bit of trouble reminding myself of that, with this stupid little 18 y/o crap)

So right now, I am feeling pretty good. I know I will be having trouble this week, but I'm also realizing that I need to stop beating myself up for not being over him yet. It's been a month. 10 days if you count how long I've actually felt that it was over. And so I shouldn't beat myself up anymore. I know I will, despite anything I say, it will happen. But I need to take control of my life and know that Mike doesn't rule my world anymore. He wants us to be friends, but he also needs to give me my space to get over him.

These are all things people have been telling me, and I know them in my head, now I just have to get there in my heart. :\

Have a wonderful Sunday!

~Lisa

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-27-2003 - 4:06pm
What can I say but congratulations! Enjoy. Here's a quote I like that may be some help to you while learning to re-think. I don't know who it is by.

"Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention."