Not feeling well today

iVillage Member
Not feeling well today
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 9:17am
Sometime Friday I started coughing. I've been coughing all weekend. I'm not congested and my nose is fine, I'm just coughing. Sometime Saturday I had a massive head-ache in my forehead. I was out all day and didn't have any Motrin or such to pop. When I got home around 7:30 I popped Motrin and lay down on the sofa. Then I moved to my bed. I had the TV on for company and dosed off a little. I woke up around 10:00 and was hungry so I warmed up some leftover pizza.

Yesterday I was suppose to go into NYC again for a WNBA game at 4:00. I phoned my friend and said I just wasn't in the mood to go to the game. We were just there Friday night and we have another game this Tuesday night. Yesterday it was SO hot and muggy, I just couldn't see going into the city. She went in by herself (I felt guilty when she told me she would go by herself). I did my grocery shopping in the morning and thought I was going to have a panic attack in the meat aisle. WHY? It didn't happen, thank goodness, so I finished shopping and went home. That's when I called to cancel going to the game. All I wanted to do was relax.

I sat by our complex's pool for the rest of the day and read a book. I didn't sleep very well last night so now I'm in a crabby mood. I even popped some cold pills last night thinking they might help dry up the drip in my throat or whatever it is that is making me cough. It's just so annoying. I can only imagine how annoying it is to those who sit near me at work.

I'm calling my doctor right now to see if I can get an appointment. Maybe I've recently developed allergies or a nasal infection. Okay, I'm getting a cup of tea and then calling my doctor.

Sorry this is long, I just needed to vent and to let you know why I may not be as active today.

Hugs,

Ben

(cough, cough)

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 9:37am
(Does the little cup icon show up?? If yes - it's a cup of tea for you ;)

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, what a crappy weekend for you. I hope you feel better. Did you take today off work?

Get as much rest as you can, and baby yourself.

Hugs, Julie

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 11:00am
No I'm not home, I'm at work. It's just a cough, not blowing of the nose or anything. Maybe I'll cut out an hour early to get the medication my doctor prescribed. He's calling in something to the pharmacy near my home.

Thanks for the sympathy,

Ben

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 12:25pm
I agree, take off a little early ;) Glad you got some meds & I really hope they do the trick.

Hugs, Julie