At a very low point (m)

iVillage Member
At a very low point (m)
Mon, 10-13-2003 - 8:20pm
I guess I should be happy that I got laid off, but I am not. Background: I have been miserable in my job & just started the process of looking when I got laid off.

I have been so sad & yes sometimes I think about suicide. I am so down & this isn't the first time that I have struggled with my career.

I seem to be oversensitive & just a mess. I have been to counseling, on meds & at 38 I just feel very hopeless.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Funbiz

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2003 - 9:44am
Oh Funbiz, bannish that thought of suicide. I know we all sometimes feel hopeless but please seek a counselor if those suicidal thought come back in your mind. If you didn't like that job then this may be your ticket to finding a better job. Try to think of it as a new chapter in your life. Sure it is a downer to be out of work, I worry about it too especially now that I have a 30 year mortgage. How about going to a temp agency and seeing if you can find temporary work until you land a new full-time job. Some temp jobs lead into a permenant job.

Please come back here and vent anytime and please seek out a counselor if you are seriously depressed and thinking about suicide. There's definitely more to live for, you are only 38. Just think of all the People Magazine and Joan Rivers 'What Were They Thinking' fashion shows to watch and future horrible Britney Spears/Christine Agquilera fashion debockles (sp?) to live through.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Hugs,

Bennie

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2003 - 12:00pm
I am already seeing a counselor & on meds...that's why I feel so hopeless.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2003 - 4:21pm
I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Please make sure you tell your counselor these hopeless feelings. She needs to know just how depressed your are feeling. Sometimes I don't tell my therapist everything I should thinking she'll laugh or something (I know she wouldn't do that). They can't help us if we aren't honest with them.

Please know that I am thinking of you.

Hugs,

Bennie

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso