update on my psych visit

iVillage Member
update on my psych visit
Tue, 10-21-2003 - 5:49pm
Thanks for all your help. I'm doing better after my psych appt and even moreso bc of all the wonderful things my bf has done for me. its so nice to be w someone who is so giving and loves me so much. i really think my job and home environment makes my worries come alive and the fact that he often works late makes life a lot harder. oh well. anyway the dr. gave me some good info but also some upsetting stuff, basically that all my problems are due to my parents, particularly my mom who overprotected me, was extremely anxious, worried and religious and conservative and that really screwed me up. She wanted me to fit some mold and i never learned how to be myself. The Dr. said I learned from her to be insecure and that unless i lived up to someone's "ideal" i'd never be loved which is why im so competetitve w my bf's exes and why i had an eating disorder. I hate blaming this all on her. even if it is her fault bc she tried her best. She didn't want to screw me up. more to think about . . .

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 9:21am

Welcome to the club Princess,

I'm glad to hear you went to the Dr. and that some of what you are feeling makes sense to you now.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 11:34am

Hi & welcome back.