Positive thoughts

iVillage Member
Positive thoughts
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 1:56pm

I was trying to think of a sort of catch-phrase title like Positive Tuesday, which could work, but I was trying to think up one like our Wendnesday Wahoo or Wah.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 2:41pm
New here - liked this post and very much needed to point some positive things out to myself today.

Thanksgiving is close and I get to spend the day with my entire family (yes i like them lol)

We are moving the week of Thanksgiving into our dream apartment -

I have the week of Thanksgiving off

I dont have to cook tonight -

My brothers girlfriend's babyshower is this weekend!!!!!! Yeah - I am going to be an aunt for the first time!!!!!

Well thats it for now - I will proberly post more later and really introduce myself.

I am co cl for "Ask Dr. Ruth" board. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 3:03pm
Great idea Bennie!!!

What about thankful Tuesday? Positive things are things we're thankful to have/do.

I'm thankful for the right to vote...but I couldn't since I missed the absent ballot deadline and have yet to switch back to my hometown from my collegetown.

I'm thankful that I may feel low at times like today but college taught me to be more assertive.

i had an interview today for a volunteer position that may turn into the hired salaried position and it's in my field.

it's great to have a place to turn to here when you have NO family support!

i'm doing well in all my classes (A's only!)and it's great to see that part-time class is really working out for me.

we're getting a second car soon...countdown to freedom for the cabdriver (me)!!!!

how about Terrific Tuesday...all the good things going on in life and Wednesday Wah, but not wahoo?

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 4:03pm
If I had a vote, it would be Thankful Tuesday. Not only is it appropriate for the time of year but frankly, I think so many folks forget to take a moment in their day to actually think and appreciate what they have to be thankful for. A great practice! Let's start a new tradition. Great idea!

~Sharon
Photobucket 
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 4:17pm
I actually do this every night before bed, and this is what I say

I am thankful for my family, my friends, my car, my computer, my job, my health, my friends health, my family's health.

I also add other things for each day.

So...

Today I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in at night, food to fill my stomach, the ability to walk, talk, laugh, cry, sing (or try to!), that I have a job that pays my bills (even if just barely)

Pamela

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 5:19pm

Thanks, good idea, Terrific Tuesday - Positive Thoughts.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 5:22pm

Welcome,

That's great!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 5:22pm

Good idea, I'll try to do this on a weekly basis.