People are making me feel crappy!

iVillage Member
People are making me feel crappy!
Tue, 11-18-2003 - 12:04pm
I organized a night out with my volleyball team last Friday night. This had been in the making for about a month. I never organize anything and am definitely a follower and not a leader and I'm also a shy person so this was a big thing for me. I made reservations at a restaurant and then we went to some bars afterwards. I was the only single person while everyone else was a couple so I felt a little out of place. I still get treated like I'm this little kid though; I'm 31 years old! Some of the people who think they're being funny are really hurting my feelings and making me angry. I always get comments like "you are such a wild woman" when they know I'm far from it, or "I bet you just got so drunk you could barely walk" when they know I don't drink a lot, or "I bet you talked people's ears off" when they know I'm quiet. They think they're being cute or funny, when all I can see it as is they are just making me feel more worthless. Nothing makes me more upset than people making fun of my shyness. What can I say to make a good comeback when someone hands me lines like that?
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2003 - 1:05pm

Hello and welcome to the board.

These people just don't realize that they are offending you, most likely.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2003 - 1:14pm

Welcome,

Julie made some good points.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso