MY STORY TRYING TO MAKE IT SHORT

iVillage Member
MY STORY TRYING TO MAKE IT SHORT
Wed, 11-19-2003 - 2:33pm

My name is erin I am 28 years old born and raided on the east coast

my whole life I was told how thin I was or that I was a late bloomer whatever

all the women in my family are over weight and I am the smallest one weighing in at 105lbs and 5'2.

I was never told growing up that I could be anything or do anything or that I was good enough for anything so I grew up thinking that I was good enough to do or be anything nor have I ever thought that I was good enough to have someone love me or want to be with me so now here I am today.

I have had many relationships in my life one long one with whom I had my son with but that ended almost 5 years ago since then I have just dated, but that isnt the point sorry to drift.

I have never thought of myself as attractive thin or anything like that I am told by people friends family and strangerds that I am very pretty nice body stuff like that but I find it very hard to believe I see any and all my imperfections .

it isnt jusst on appearance though other things come into play such as what I eat how much ect what I wear how i look to others what they think of me ect....ya I know I sound like a real basket case sorry.

So I am not too sure if I am in the right spot I post at another board here I think I said that in my first post to you all.

I just dont feel too good about me always second guessing and stuff like that well I wanted to make this short due to the fact that I am at work.

Erin

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-20-2003 - 9:20am

You sound very much like many of us that post here.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-20-2003 - 10:50am

Hello Erin & welcome to the board - you are in the right place.

Like Bennie said, you sound like almost everyone who comes here - we all feel, or have felt - inadequate in our lives, our looks, or our behaviours in some way.