I could use your insights, ladies

iVillage Member
I could use your insights, ladies
Thu, 11-20-2003 - 2:17pm

I was at a favorite discount clothing store on my lunch hour today, and started chatting to a woman in line.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-20-2003 - 2:40pm
Hi Julie,

Have you ever had a bad experience when giving out phone numbers? I know with me, I received death threat phone calls back in 2nd grade and then we had our number changed and unlisted. Now, I don't give out my number that easily unless I feel that I can trust someone (ie friends only) but I do give out my email address to acquaintances b/c I feel more comfortable communicating that way first. Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?

benita
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-20-2003 - 3:24pm

I know that I am new here and may not have much of an opinion right now but I would like to give my 2cents if you dont mind.

I know how I am and I wouldnt call me I am afraid of women well not really afraid just very uncomfortable most of my friends are men 2 girlfriends one I have known for 25 years the other for 13 years the rest are men so when I make a new friend and we exchange numbers I wait for them to call me and I am such a chicken for it I can never get the ball rolling for myself so I will live thru you and tell you to take a chance call the women set up a date to go shopping have fun now if this were a man I would have had no problem at all but that is were I am so messed up but anways I know it is easier said than done but give her a call wait a few days she may call you first and if not call her plus it will get easier the more you do it.

Well that is my 2 cents sorry I jumped in after only posting here twice but thanks for letting me.

Erin

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-30-2003 - 4:01am
Hi,

I think you should go with it. I have met two very cool, nice friends this way and we are still friends (one at a bar while waiting for our friends to show, one in a bathroom!). Shopping is totally harmless and maybe less awkward than meeting for coffee...think about how hard it can be to make friends with other females who don't work with you or aren't mutual friends? You just have to make the effort; it isn't easy. But it's worth it!

Good luck!

T
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 9:31am

It certainly can't hurt.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 9:55am
I agree with eveyone else, go for it! You never know. What's the worst that could happen? Maybe you two won't be best buds, but at least you'll have a some laughs once or twice. You can always use another good friend. And soemtimes it's good to get opnions from someone who doens't know you as well as all your other friends.

Good luck!

Nikki