Smile, why don't you smile more . . .

iVillage Member
Smile, why don't you smile more . . .
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 2:04pm

Last week one of our posters was in a restaurant/bar with friends.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 4:07pm
You phrased that much better than I ever could have! Thanks! Yes I am that poster who has had that happen to me on numerous occasions and it makes me so angry. What are some good comebacks?
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2003 - 4:31pm

Yep, it's happened to me too.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-02-2003 - 8:49am

My other idea for a comeback might be kinda mean.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-02-2003 - 1:16pm
Hi,

I don't post on here often, mostly just read, but this has happened to me a few times too. The ironic thing is that instead of making me smile it actually makes me feel bad and I start feeling really self-conscious when just a moment before I was minding my own business and feeling just fine. Most people don't have a smile pasted on their face when they are doing normal things like grocery shopping. I think Ann Landers once had a column about this and said something to the effect that the only people who walk around with smiles on their faces all the time are usually not "all there".

I'm not sure about a comeback, maybe tell them it hurts when you smile or you don't have any smiling muscles (that was on the Golden Girls), or you got a bad dose of Botox.

If you really want to bring a smile to someone's face the best way to do it is to give them a compliment, say something kind or tell them a little joke. What's so difficult about that?

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-08-2003 - 2:08pm

I like the Botox line, that could be funny.