Should I make myself go to this party?

iVillage Member
Should I make myself go to this party?
Tue, 12-02-2003 - 9:34am
My apartment complex is having a Christmas Party this Thursday evening. I just moved in a month ago and I would like to meet more (any!) people. I've seen my neighbors only through my peephole because when I hear a door open or close I look out to see who it is and a couple of them are cute (through the peephole anyways) but who knows if they are married, living with someone, etc. In my fantasy world I believe that if I go I'll meet the man of my dreams and we'll hit it off because I know of 2 people who have met their current boyfriend as they were moving in because they lived across the hall from them. I thought that only happened in the movies! Yet the last thing I want to do is go there by myself and look like an idiot standing there hoping that someone will come up and talk to me. I'm sure eveyone else has someone to go with or else it'll be families with kids, although I have yet to see any kids there and it seems to be a place of mostly mid 20s to upper 30s. I'm sure it'll end up being like everywhere else I go and I'll fade right to the background and feel like and idiot for being there.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-02-2003 - 9:56am

I say - GO FOR IT :)