People tell me I'm too picky, but

iVillage Member
People tell me I'm too picky, but
Mon, 12-08-2003 - 9:25am
in reality I'm really not. I don't meet many guys and a majority of the ones I do meet are under 25 (I'm 31) or just very immature or I'm not attracted to them (and yes I do need to be attracted to them somewhat!). I was out this past Friday night for my Christmas party and one of the girls there was walking around with me helping me meet someone. One guy was just way too cocky and not even interested and the other guy was very nice but he was just leaving with his friends. My problem is, when a guy does come into my life and there's any hint of an attraction there I really want him to be more interested in me, but he never is or else he ends up being interested in someone I'm with. So I don't think that I'm that picky, just not meeting many guys. I've joined a health club, but not one guy there has spoken to me in the 4 months I've been going there. Joined the Jaycees and just fell into the woodwork like I usually do. Even with other girls, when I finally make the move to just make friends with them or get involved in a conversation I get looks like "why did you come up and talk to us". So then I just fade right back into the woodwork. If I don't even have the confidence to strike up conversations with women how the heck am I even going to do that with a guy?