IN A down MOOD :(

iVillage Member
IN A down MOOD :(
Mon, 12-08-2003 - 1:31pm
For some reason today, I am in a really crappy mood...I just feel depressed or something. I don't know if I really have a good reason for it (maybe I am PMSing), but whatever it is, it's just getting to me. Several times today, I almost burst into tears. I think it had to do with a conversation I had with my Mother about being grateful. I know she was trying to make me feel good about what I have, but it just made me realize everything I don't. I have a sucky job, I have a tiny apartment which I rent-not own, I don't have a lot of friends or a boyfriend (never have had one of those). I don't even have my health, being that I am diabetic.:( I know it sounds like I'm having a real pity party for myself today, sometimes I just can't help it. I know there are probably people who have it far worse than me, but all I can do is keep feeling sorry for myself, which is probably very annoying to the people around me. One thing I do have is my family, I don't know what I would do without them, but even now my parents are moving further away (presently they are in the same town and it's so nice for me to have them there). I know I need to get a grip and be a little more mature about things, but I don't know how to do that right now.

Sorry if this is whiny and depressing, I think I just need to get it out in the open. I am very emotional and sensitive to even the slightest thing. I think being that way make life harder and I wish I could toughen up a little.

Hope I didn't bring anyone down with me,

Andrea

iVillage Member
In reply to: am8277
Mon, 12-08-2003 - 2:13pm

Oh, Andrea, I hope your day gets better.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-09-2003 - 1:34pm
Bennie,

Thank-you SO much for your response. It made me feel so much better and I hope you know that.

I'm still not sure what the true cause was of my moodiness (besides me being an emotionally unstable person at times:>), but I think it had to do with several things. First, I think that I am definitely PMSing, I become even more emotional and moody right before. I also think my blood sugar levels are affecting my moods, sometimes when I have swings in my blood sugar it really affects me on a number of levels. Mine have been fluctuating a lot lately. I do think maybe this season is contributing something to it as well. I know most think of the Christmas season as a happy one, but I guess that it also can make you sad. I think that's a good point you brought up. Lastly, my conversation with my Mom...I don't think she knew it and I don't think she was trying to bring me down, but I think that was the last straw.

I hope you are doing all right and holding up ok this season. What you said makes sense, seeing everyone happy and beaming all the time can make you sad. I haven't really thought about commercials that have done that, but I know seeing families, couples, children so happy does make you wish for that same kind of happiness.

I will definitely try to think up a list of good things in my life...I guess sort of like a gratitude list. That's a good idea. I probably have more things to be grateful about than I realize. Thank you for that idea.

My parents aren't really moving that far, probably not more than an hour away. But it's a big difference compared to where they are now. They are literally about 5 minutes away from me now. I guess it's just something I'll have to accept. I'm sure I'll be able to manage, but I guess it's going to be a little tough at first...Changes like these always are.

Bennie, thank-you so much again.

Andrea

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 4:18pm

Thank you, it's good to know that my post made you feel better.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso