What am I going to do with my vacation?

iVillage Member
What am I going to do with my vacation?
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 7:28am
I'm taking 1 /2 weeks off around Christmas and have no idea what to do with it. I'm the type who never takes a vacation because I have no where to go and no one to go with. I force myself every year to take this time off and it's fine for the first few days, but then I don't know what to do with myself. I can only shop so much. I can go to the guy but that takes only an hour out of the day. I always lose vacation time because I never take any. People at work beg to have some of my time and I'd give it to them if it were allowed. My social outlet is pretty much just my mom. My friends once in a great while since they are all married. I just can't seem to meet anyone who wants to be friends with me, other than my close friends I have now.
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 8:59am

How about doing stuff around your home like re-organizing your closets and

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 9:48am

Bennie made some fantastic suggestions.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 11:13am
Hi Mapper71,

I can relate to what you have posted. Whenever I have time off or vacation, I do get excited about it, but then I question what I am going to do with it. I do depend on doiing things with my Mom a lot, she is just someone I love spending time with. I do have a couple friends(I have never been one to have tons), but they are all so busy with their own lives and several don't live that close to me so that makes it difficult. ican suggest doing things on your own, sometimes that can be very enjoyable. Choose activities that you enjoy and you can do them on your own time and your own schedule. For me, that would be going to the gym, going to Borders and hanging out there awhile, renting some movies or going to see one in the theater, going to a coffee shop or casual place to eat and relax. Those are just a few things to consider doing. I understand that it's not the same as having someone to do those things with, but you can still have a nice time doing those things. I know I'd love to hang out with someone more, but for some reason it isn't that easy for me to make friends either. Too bad we don't live closer, I'd suggest hanging out sometime. :)

Anyway, whatever you plan to do, try to make the most of it. It is possible to have a great time on your own. Let us know what you decide and how your vacation goes.

Take care,

Andrea