I feel like I get pity from everyone!

iVillage Member
I feel like I get pity from everyone!
Wed, 12-10-2003 - 4:01pm
Everyone that knows me knows I'm quiet. Even when I feel like I'm talking a lot I'll inevitably get someone who makes a comment on how quiet I am. Actually more likely they'll make a comment like "I didn't know you were still here" which they think they're being funny but if I had the guts, I would tell them where to go! Well last weekend a bunch of people from work and I were out. We had been drinking for a few hours and I had lost some inhibition and was going around with this other girl trying to meet people. The people from work were giving me looks like "aw, isn't that cute how she talks to people" or stupid comments that I knew were meant in jest. Nobody believes that I have the capability of doing anything social and when I do they just don't take me seriously. Even when the secretary heard that we were going out after work she asked if I was going and I said definitely and she said "well good for you". For some reason she doesn't think I go out. I don't know why because I'm always out with people from work when they go and this time I was one of the people who organized it! It's just so frustrating!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-11-2003 - 2:24pm

I don't think it's pity.