It's funny that you mention books.......

iVillage Member
It's funny that you mention books.......
Tue, 12-16-2003 - 5:05pm
Just yesterday I found this great book at the library and I thought I would tell you all about it. It's for those of us who feel invisible around other people, who feel that they are always overlooked.....well, I'll tell you a caption from the book:

"Do you "zone out" if too much is going on? Are you energized by spending time alone? In meetings, do you need to be asked for your opinions and ideas? Do you tend to notice details that other people miss? Is your ideal celebration a small get-together, rather than a big party? Do you often feel like a tortoise surrounded by hares? The good news is, you're an introvert. The better news is that by celebrating the inner strengths and uniqueness of being an "innie," THE INTROVERT ADVANTAGE shows introverts, and the extroverts who love them, how to work with instead of against their temperament to enjoy a well-lived life."

The book includes hundreds of valuable tips for not only surviving but truly thriving in an extrovert world.

I have started to read this and thought, that is so me! For years I've always thought there was something wrong with me for being quiet but this book helps me to realise that I'm just different!

I'm sure lots of you out there can relate to this book!

It's called:

The Introvert Advantage: How to thrive in an Extrovert World

By Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.

Tell me what you think!

Angela :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-16-2003 - 5:12pm
If you can't take a look at the book straight away here's a website you can visit:

www.theintrovertadvantage.com

I am so excited about this book! It could be just what so many of us need!

Angela :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2003 - 9:10am
Thanks so much for posting this - I think a few of our members might find this book useful!!