Confused...

iVillage Member
Confused...
Sat, 10-18-2008 - 7:16pm
As a teenager I had self esteem issues because I was always labeled "skinny". My family and friends would comment on my weight because I was only a junior size 1 or 3. Since then I have been with a man for 2 years who has helped me overcome those issues I had with myself. I thought I was over it but I began questioning myself because when we are looking at t.v. or a movie he will say he likes a certain types of figures that are not anything like mine. Usually they are bigger breasted or thicker in the waist and butt area. That has brought some of those self esteem issues I have had with my weight breast and butt. I know it is stupid to get upset with him because it is natural to be attracted to other women or me attracted to other men especially ones that are famous. He always tells me He loves my body and I have one of the best figures he has ever seen. And he has found exactly what he wants. I truly beleive him but my insecurities always get the best of me. How can I get over this or help me through this?
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 1:09am

Hello and Welcome to the board! :-)

I hope you are feeling better today. I find sometimes I begin to get a new perspective on things after a few days. I'm not sure what will help you because we all think differently.

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 9:32am
Hello I am a newbie here but I just want to say I completely understand but I am on the opposite end I am not thin I am I guess what is called full figured not morbidly overweight but could loose a few lbs. and I am insecure over skinny women why ??? my boyfriend says he is not attracted to thin women and he loves my curves but I still feel very insecure when I see them on TV or movies or even in person . I guess we do just need to trust that if they did not like US they would not be with US . Good Luck to ya..
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us