QsOTW - Health

iVillage Member
QsOTW - Health
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 12:47am

Hi!

I'm sick. *cough* *cough*. So I figured I'd ask about how everyone else is doing! :-)

~ Rain   

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 8:17am
Ah Rain, I hope you're feeling better soon!

How are you feeling health wise today? - Just fine, in fact.

When is the last time you were sick? - Near the end of August.

How did you make yourself feel better? - I went to the doctor and got the anti-biotics I needed to deal with the infection I had. Right away I went, too, I might add, because I knew what it was, and that only medication would deal with it. Which it did.

What do you do to try to "stay healthy" (well not sick, lol)? - Among other things, I am very careful when I am out doing things, like grocery shopping, or having taken the bus or tram somewhere, to wash my hands as soon as I get to where I am going and can do so. I don't touch my face our my mouth with my hands until I've washed them, or eat anything till I've washed my hands. Infections germs are spread so easily from our hands, and honestly, this simple practice has really helped to cut down on the number of colds and the flu I've had in the last ten years or whenever it was I started doing this.

I also drink a lot of water, try and eat healthily, exercise and pay attention to my health in general, without being obsessed with it. OH and I get the flu shot every year, that's coming up soon.

Fall siggy2

CL for Sexual Health

“The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures.” - Junius

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 9:19am

How are you feeling health wise today? My Back is killing me

When is the last time you were sick? about a month ago

How did you make yourself feel better? I just keep on moving to try not to dwell on being sick I am the caregiver of my family so I cant be sick lol

What do you do to try to "stay healthy" (well not sick, lol)? use lots of hand sanitizer ,Wash my hands often , stay away from ppl who are sick

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 10:35am

Welcome to the board. We have an October Roll Call if you want to join in on it. It got bumped down though, but it's here -

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-bhselfesteem&msg=6268.1&ctx=128

I would have linked it for you, but there's silly pop up blockers on this computer. :-(

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 11:38am

How are you feeling health wise today? Great, I plan on staying this way.

When is the last time you were sick? Memorial Day weekend, ugh that was awful!

How did you make yourself feel better? I was out of it, so who knows.

What do you do to try to "stay healthy" (well not sick, lol)? Eat organically, loads of fresh fruits and veggies, and hand sanitizer to boot. Hugs

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 11:56am

I'm sorry you're feeling icky, Rain -- hope it passes soon

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 12:30pm

Get well soon, Rain! I'm sending you some positive vibes - hope it helps.

How are you feeling health wise today?
I am feeling well, thank you.

When is the last time you were sick?
A few months ago. I had the flu.

How did you make yourself feel better?
Lots of rest and took my meds for once.

What do you do to try to "stay healthy" (well not sick, lol)?
I eat well, try to get enough sleep, try to move/exercise when possible. I laugh a lot, and try to see the bright side or at least some sort of redeeming side to a difficult situation. I remember to breathe! And I surround myself with really nice people.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 1:43pm

How are you feeling health wise today?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 2:43pm
I try to take vitamins as well. Do you notice any difference when you take them and don't?
~ RainCL for Self-Esteem Support

"One Step At A Time The World Will Be Traveled"

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 2:45pm
Which fruits or veggies are your favorite to munch down on? :-) I love bananas.
~ RainCL for Self-Esteem Support

"One Step At A Time The World Will Be Traveled"

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-20-2008 - 2:48pm

Wow, that's awesome that you haven't been really sick in years. I seem to get sick more often when up here at college, and even compared to when I worked at the daycare... actually, I was never sick when I worked at the daycare. :-/

~ Rain   

Pages