Intro and a positive thought

iVillage Member
Intro and a positive thought
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 1:04am

Hi,
I just found this board yesterday, so I thought I'd jump right in! I have had self-esteem issues as long as I can remember. There have been entire years where I pretty much just wanted to die because I felt completely worthless. After a horrible divorce (ending a horrible marriage) and losing my best friend for reasons I still don't understand, I have been slowly putting myself back together over the course of about 5 years.

I still have a lot of bad days, but there are finally some good days in the mix. My screen-name reflects the fact that I just have to get through *one* *more* *day*.

Maybe I'll do a longer intro another day, but for now I wanted to end with a positive event of the day:

The school nurse at my kid's school is very pushy, almost a bully. Today she wanted me to do something that would have been negative for my son's health. I knew she was wrong and I called his regular doctor to verify my information. Armed with that, I told the nurse flat out that I would not comply with her recommendation, and if she had a problem with that she would have to convince DS's regular doctor! The lady backed off, and my son was saved from overly aggressive and incorrect medicine! Point being, I used my stubbornness to benefit someone! And I did it in a smart way, where I am protected. I think this counts as listening to my conscience, which is one of my goals for the this year!

Marissa

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 11:01am

Isnt it a wonder just how fagile our self esteem is?