Hello there,

iVillage Member
Hello there,
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 12:38pm

How do you deal with compulsive liars? Also looking for ways to get on with a colleague and a bit of a friend who is older woman than me and a moaner. Would someone here have perhaps some useful tips? Real friends are like no go..many other annoying people in my life at the moment. I am not into liars..moaners i can deal with when it is not constant..but with this woman it is staring to be.

iVillage Member
In reply to: wtgal
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 8:27pm

With both types I nod my head while silently making plans that do not include them. Honestly, I'd rather be alone than hang out with people who are going to raise my stress levels! It's just not worth it, IMHO. I find that I can avoid whiners by involving myself in activities that require some effort. The people who are willing to do something difficult/strenuous are not usually too whiny. Anyway, just my thoughts,

Marissa

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 8:53pm
I usually ignore it, if they are un willing to change when I said something about it. I also won't be as close to them as I would have. People that do that tend to clash personality wise with me. It also depends on the person that's doing it. Some people I can tolerate, others I try to avoid as much as possible. I will still be pleasent with them, I just don't enjoy their company as much as I enjoy the company of others.
~ RainCL for Self-Esteem Support

"One Step At A Time The World Will Be Traveled"

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 11:14pm
Boy can I relate to this post.