Hello new here and need some support!

iVillage Member
Hello new here and need some support!
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 12:58am

Hello everyone, I have seriously low self esteem, which has put me into hospital and has affected my relationship with my poor husband. I constantly keep putting myself down and saying I must be the ugliest person in the world.

Past circumstances don't help either for eg: being bullied all the way through schooling and so on.

I just need support and meet other people with similar isssues like mine.

Photobucket

Photobucket       &
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 11:25am

Welcome to the board,

We have a wide variety of people here, most of whom come and go. Feel free to join in any thread you see, or you can go dig up some old ones. We have alot of posts on self image, some of which you may be able to relate to. Also feel free to join in our more random threads, QsOTW, and etc. I see you already posted in the roll call. :-)

~ RainCL for Self-Esteem Support

"One Step At A Time The World Will Be Traveled"

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 8:02pm

It seems we've been socialized as women to gain self-esteem through meeting the looks requirements put out by the media. Men have been socialized to gain their self-esteem through income/employment. Both ways will leave one feeling empty inside.

I doubt you are physically ugly. I believe what may help is simply changing your mind about how you look and your concept of beauty. Look in the mirror and decide THAT is beauty. THAT is your standard.

I don't mean to get religious and this isn't religious it's more spiritual anyway, but God /Universe/ whatever one may call him/it, didn't create junk. All creation is beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Your husband married you because he loves you and he was attracted to you so he sees your beauty. It's time you chose to see your own beauty, then move on to find things in life that make you feel good.

Self-esteem comes from choosing to hold yourself with esteem. To see your good points. We all have bad negative points but we came to earth to learn. This is a earth school, so we'll stumble fall and fall short at times. So what? It's what we are here for.

Don't beat yourself up. Are you the most physically attractive woman on the planet? Probably not, but who cares? Why is that important? It's like thinking your neighbor is better because his car has less dents. The body is the shell that houses the soul.

I suggest reading some books on self-esteem and positive thinking to assist in changing your thoughts. You don't need to change yourself physically, only how you view yourself physically. : )

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 8:27pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Photobucket

Photobucket       &
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 11:02pm
Hi Rochelle I have posted alot on self esteem and how I feel go read some of my post mabey you and I can work on our self esteems together with all of the friends we meet on here :o) welcome to the board♥

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Photobucket

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us