iVillage Member
Fri, 11-07-2008 - 9:44am

Hello All,

I have fibromyalgia and all the other things that go with it. Because of this my self esteem has gone into the basement.

I used to get dressed in suits and heels everyday to go to work. Now I can't work and I find myself just wearing sweats, not putting on make up, I do get my hair cut and died, but once it's done I don't keep it up.

I see a therapist but I don't think it's helping.

Any ideas to make me feel useful and smile again?

Joyce
Joyce

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: juice46
Fri, 11-07-2008 - 10:19am

Hi, it sounds to me like along with the fibro, you are suffering from depression.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-07-2008 - 10:34am

Hi Beverly,

Unfortunately I do see a therapist and I am on Zoloft. I think part of this is because my family is so far and my brother died suddenly in 2003. If I didn't have my son I really don't know what I would do. He means the world to me.

Peace & Love

Joyce
Joyce
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-07-2008 - 10:51am

I am sorry for the loss of your brother.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-07-2008 - 7:04pm

Hi!

Welcome to the board. I apologize for the late response, I seem to have suddenly come up with some eye trouble.

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 7:42am

Hi Beverly,

I go to see my therapist on 11/29 and I'm going to ask him about Paxil. Right now I am on 200 mg of Zoloft and that is as high as you can go. I know the depression is because of my brother and the FM. I am not the person I used to be. And I know I won't be that way again. I just need to figure out what kind of person I can be.

Peace & Love

Joyce
Joyce
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 7:49am

It snowed here on 10/29, I live in the North East part of New Jersey and we had 14 inches on High Point Mountain.

I go to the therapist on 11/29 and I am going to ask about Paxil. A lot of people say that is better than the Zoloft I'm taking.

It's hard for me because I know I will never be the person I was 2 years ago. It's so hard for me to adjust. I just want to bawl my eyes out.

I understand having trouble with the eyes. I were trifocals (LOL) of course they are progressive lenses, who needs all those lines. But I forgot which one, but one of the medications causes blurry vision. I don't ever drive alone because of this.

My son took his driving permit test yesterday and because he was so nervous he failed. I told him not to sweat it, he can take it again.

I really need him to get his license so he can drive me around.

Well I will let everyone know what happens after I see my therapist on the 29th.

Thank you for all your support and good thoughts

Joyce
Joyce
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 8:31pm

Hello again.

Wow, I'm kinda glad I don't live in your area. I love the look of snow, but the cold always slows me down. And I dislike it when the water absorbs into my pants. It's just sooo cold!

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 9:49pm

(((((Gentle Hugs))))).

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-09-2008 - 5:43am

Thank you so much for your support. I will let you know what happens at the doctors. I was so miserable yesterday (Saturday) that I actually stayed in bed all day. My fiancee did everything for me.

I will talk to you soon as you can see how early in the morning it is. I'll probably go back to bed in a couple of hours.

It doesn't feel like a good day today, its' very gloomy and rainy here which does not help my moods.

Love & Peace

Joyce
Joyce
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-09-2008 - 5:49am

I did buy new sweats, really nice ones, no elastic around the ankles (LOL) and fleece lines to keep me warm.

I cut my hair too. It was over half way down my back, and now it's only a couple of inches below my shoulders. It does make it easier to take care of.

I try to wake up with a positive attitude each and every morning and then I see how the day goes. Yesterday was bad, I spent the entire day in bed.

Today we will see I woke up at 5 am. Took my meds and I'll see what happens, I may wind up back in bed.

The weather sucks this week it's been in the 50's but the sun won't come out.

I am so happy I found this forum. For the past 2 years I have been feeling so alone because no one understands what I have. But here everyone understands and you all have good advice.

I'll talk to you soon

Peace & Love

Joyce
Joyce

Pages