Need some support

iVillage Member
Need some support
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 3:50am
I am going through a depressed state right now and basically have no one to talk to my boyfriend and I have been arguing about him going to a Nascar thing hosted by a tool company for his job he isn't interested in Nascar but insists he wants to go my kids go with their father this weekend so this is our "alone time' we only get this every two weeks we take the kids everywhere and they are with us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

iVillage Member
In reply to: ibmeok
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 8:31pm

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2008 - 11:59pm

Wow, have I ever been where you are right now! I could have totally written your post like 5 years ago. I can't really advise on the relationship end, I made poor choices and umm...I wouldn't want you to do that, LOL! My after-lesson was that I did not want to feel like my whole life was wrapped up in one person.

Just for you as an individual, I think it is so important to find other outlets for interaction other than your BF. I also lack a good social group, but I have put out effort to find things to do even if it is just by myself. I find that when I have other positive inputs in my life, then I'm not so grasping for my Dh's attention. I still need it, but I can approach it in a more balanced manner when he isn't 100% of the equation, KWIM? Even the best partner can have days when they are not as "there" for you as they should be. It's good to have other positive input on tap. The PP had some great ideas about where to look for that!

(((HUGS)))

Marissa

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-10-2008 - 1:56pm
Well that day came and went like alot of my "poor
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-10-2008 - 6:41pm

I can understand finding "me*. I'm still working on that. Truthfully, I'm thinking that it's never ending thing for most of us.

~ Rain