Emotional hang-ups= low esteem!

iVillage Member
Emotional hang-ups= low esteem!
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 9:45am
Hi, I'm new to this board. I'm in the process of self healing and learning to gain back my inner sense of balance..Like any other women who have low self-esteem, I've been into a situation when I actually been critical to myself and wanna reject my whole personality.. I hated people around me, I hated myself more. I've been blaming my strict parents for bringing me up in an uptight way. I've lost friends in the process. Hurting me more and hating myself more..But the good thing is that at the end of the day, I tend to reflect on my personal issues and tried hard to work things out just to be better...and eventually (thru years), I've had this very nice transition..my patience has lengthened, my relationships have been light and fun, and on my way towards building my own integrity.. Perhaps all the pain payed off with a nice transition.. I now appreciate myself more. Though sometimes I still tend to go back in the past and those things I've been thru still haunt me.But I'm currently working on it to. I think self-esteem issues rooted from chidhood dissatisfaction from the love of family members. I love my parents and I know they're not perfect. What's important to me s that I can be able to fix what has needed to be fixed before its too late...
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 12:07pm

Welcome to the board!

I'm Rain and I've been the cl here for 2-3 months... maybe more, lol. I'm glad to hear that you have come so far, it's an inspiration. :-) There are alot of helps here, and if you find a good site, article, book, or just something that worked for you - like your reflecting - I hope you share it with the rest of us.

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 9:44am
i like what you wrote!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 10:19am

Welcome.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 6:05pm
Well I don't know what happened to my other post so this is my second one but welcome to the board everyone is really nice here :o)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us