Feeling horrible..family!

iVillage Member
Feeling horrible..family!
Sun, 03-15-2009 - 9:19pm

I have always had self-esteem issues when it comes to my appearance.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 10:23am

In My Opinion:

Yes you have every right to be angry.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 7:40pm

You are not selfish, and you have every right to be angry and probably insulted. However, acting in anger is something that usually brings about little good. That said, it takes a really big person to not act out of anger, and even the most calm and controlled people will snap every now and again, no one is perfect. You might need to apologize for the tone of your letter (I'm assuring it had a bad tone if you wrote it in anger), if you want to patch things up neatly, and just explain that your marriage is doing well and you are perfectly in your ideal weight range - and that it just might be that you do things in a different manner (regarding the marriage) and you do not have the same body as her, thus they might seem off to her. I would say it nearly exactly that way if I were in your shoes, because it makes the point that she has a much different background, and that she may not be use to yours at all. I would ignore her comments since she probably said them for either A. attention, or B. to get at you.

Family troubles happen, I mean, it's family, but because they are family, one can hope that people can connect back together. Although I must say, because of your letter, they might be more hesitant to say rude and insulting things when you are in hearing distance next time, just because now they know you will respond in some form. :-)

~ Rain
~ Rain