Easter Thoughts?

iVillage Member
Easter Thoughts?
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 6:49pm

Do you celebrate Easter?

If so, anything in particular that is a tradition for you?

Any suggestions for those folks being involved in family gatherings? How do you cope with it all, or do you love it?

We would love to read what you think…

dragonfly siggy

iVillage Member
In reply to: n2ishn
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 12:27pm
We usually attend church together and then go over to an aunt's house for lunch and sometimes dinner depending how much food there is at lunch. It's very laid back now that the majority of the children are older except for four or five of them (one family though). We play games or just talk, or read the magazines while catching up on each other's lives.
~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 1:53pm

Thanks Rain.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 4:14pm

We USUALLY go to my parents on Easter, but this year will be a first. As you may recall from other posts, I have a need right now to put some distance between myself and my parents.

So.... rather than just telling my parents that we were not going to do ANYTHING, and NO, we were NOT going to go over to their house, I found an Easter brunch at a local golf course, for me an my immediate family. Just the four of us. Plan is to go to church in the morning, then Easter brunch, and then shoot some golf balls at the driving range. (Somewhere in there we will be praying for warm weather too. April in Michigan is "iffy"!)

mtokes

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 7:11pm

I have been wanting to learn to play golf.