iVillage Member
Your Priorities
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 12:36pm

Priority test -
~ Rain   

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 2:36pm

Ha, ha, I see, we are to go into this blind??

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 4:09pm

OK,
1) take care of baby
2) shut water off
3) answer the doorbell
4) get the clothes
5) ignore the phone

mtokes

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 8:15pm

Hi there :)

I think I would take care of things in this order...

"Look for a lovely thing and you will find it, "

&nbs

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 11:47pm
I would take care of the baby first. Then I would turn off the water. Next I'd see who was at the door. Then I would take care of the laundry. I would worry about the phone last, since that's why they invented answering machines.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-11-2009 - 6:28pm

I would check on the baby, get the door, grab the phone, turn off the water and then get the laundry maybe. (lol) (Hey, it could probably use a second rise, right?)

The door and the phone are switchable depending on if I know anything about who's on the other line or who is coming over.

~ Rain
~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-11-2009 - 6:45pm

I hope I got your order right - Now that you see this, do you agree with it. I should note these association was set up before the environmental trend, so an argument could be made that shutting off the tap water might also be connected to conservation.

1. Family is connecting to getting the baby first.
2. Water has to do with Wealth and taking care of material items
3. Friends and family were associated with getting the door.
4. Taking care of clothes are related to Sex and Appearances
5. The phone was your career and job.

~ Rain
~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-11-2009 - 6:50pm

1) take care of baby = Family
2) shut water off = Wealth and Taking care of material items (possessions)
3) answer the doorbell = Friends and family
4) get the clothes = Sex and Appearances
5) ignore the phone = Career and Job

What do you think? Do you agree with this? (Note: these association was set up before the environmental trend, so an argument could be made that shutting off the tap water might also be connected to conservation)

~ Rain
~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-11-2009 - 6:56pm

1. baby = Family

2. water = Wealth and taking care of material items (possessions)

3. doorbell = Family and Friends

4. phone = Career and Job

5. clothes = Sex and Appearances

What do you think? It should be noted that they are starting to say that turning off the tap water might be connected to conservation with the new environmental trend.

~ Rain
~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-11-2009 - 7:25pm
Ok, I saw these in a different light. Taking care of the baby comes first, because it cannot take care of itself. Its welfare depends on its parent/caretaker. So its needs come first. Turning off the water is next, because it is a limited resource and should not be wasted. I would not see the doorbell as either friends or family. I see it as a salesman or the Jehovah's Witnesses or the UPS guy. I see the doorbell in this way, because any of the family who comes over just walks right inside and I don't have any friends who come over. I would also answer the doorbell before the phone because of the many retail jobs I've had. I was always trained to take care of the customer right in front of me (the doorbell) because he was the one with the money in hand and was a certain customer, while the person on the phone was a potential customer and would not necessarily visit the store anyway. And plus, I put the phone last because I absolutely hate talking on the phone. And the clothes are not that important, since they can always be taken out to dry again later.

So I saw these in more literal terms than what their symbolic meanings were supposed to be. I'm weird that way.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-11-2009 - 8:19pm

I would take care of the baby first. Then I would turn off the water. Next I'd see who was at the door. Then I would take care of the laundry. I would worry about the phone last, since that's why they invented answering machines

Baby first means Family, turning off the tap means wealth and taking care of material items (possessions), the door is Friends and Relatives, the clothes is Sex and Appearance and phone is career and job.

Would you agree with this or do you think it should be different? Also it should be noted that tap water might also go with conservation now a days.

~ Rain
~ Rain   

Pages