Is this True For You?

iVillage Member
Is this True For You?
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 12:44pm

Choose your preferred sleeping position from the list below or top two.

~ Rain   

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 2:59pm

Okay...I got a little problem with this one....of course I do, I know.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 4:06pm

OK, how about an "All of the above" answer?.....LOL> Seriously, here's what I generally DO... I usually lay in bed at first on my back. Usually with at least one hand on my belly or solar plexus. I've been having a lot of body pain lately and one of the things that helps me is to meditate and focus on my breathing and the sensations in my body. And placing my hand right at the bottom of my sternum allows me to get just a little more in touch with the diaphragm. (I think there's something psychological about the solar plexus too). I've always had problems falling asleep my whole life, and this approach almost ALWAYS seems to work.

When I get back into bed after getting up to pee.... (That's how you know you're old!), I usually get into fetal position and will often wake up that way.

Something interesting, when I'm really stressed or having a rough time sleeping, I will often find that the ONLY way I can sleep is on my stomach. I dont' like to though because it causes me back and neck pain. But sometimes the need for sleep is worth it.

I don't know what others thoughts are, but my impression is fetal position should be the most natural. I mean, that's how a FETUS sleeps! And from a nature point of view, an animal (especially if they are not wide awake and aware) ought to be most concerned about protecting the most vulnerable part of their body, their stomach. (Ever watch a dog curl up into a little ball to sleep?)

mtokes

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 7:04pm

LOL...loved your comments!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 8:31pm

So I love to sleep on my left side, curled up (fetal position)...The results say...

Long for security, intimacy and joy.
Take relationships slowly.
Tend to look at the world in rosy colors, and treat people kindly.
Are sensitive, though they may present a tough exterior to the world.
May appear shy at times or when meeting people for the first time.

This is very accurate!

"Look for a lovely thing and you will find it, "

&nbs

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 11:43pm
My own is kind of odd. I do sleep in the fetal position, with my knees bent, but I keep my arms at my side; I don't keep my arms bent at my elbows. So, yes, I do long for intimacy (which I have), security (I'm secure in my marriage, but not in other ways) and joy (don't know if I've ever really experienced joy). But I have a tendency to rush into relationships and I never see the world in rosy hues (I'm pretty much a cynic). I try to treat people kindly, though that doesn't always work. I am sensitive and I'm also shy and reserved when I meet someone for the first time.

I definitely do not go to extremes to get ahead in life. I am not competitive by any means. I'm not always calm nor am I always rational. I can keep a calm exterior even when I'm seething inside (though I'm not always successful with this). I am giving and kind to my friends. I can be easy going, but I am definitely not naive or too trusting. Sometimes I would say that I don't trust enough.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 8:39am

yay, blogthings! my favorite website :)

i sleep on my back with my arms over my head and